The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this site and am a 52 yr old guitarist looking for fellow musicians from the area who would like to get together to jam the blues, or whatever else we can think of. Been playing ~30 years, but mostly on my own for the last 25 (17 years of 12 hr shifts, recently got onto days and want to get back to playing with others)

Thanks
Tom
[email protected]
905-623-0532
http://www.guitarscanada.com/Board/images/smilies/Jimi.gif
sdsre

·
Registered
183 Posts
welcome....

mm Bowanville is only like 90 minutes away... might be interested!!!

old adage " I live in the country I drive everywhere"

Steve
(have guitar will travel)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looked up Deseronto on Mapquest

Hi Steve

...And we drive to the Belleville area reasonably often, as it's one of our favourite areas. I also have been on several motorcycle rides around the Lake on the Mountain area. So...either you're welcome to come here (I just have guitars and amp, so no extra eq't, like PA, etc.) or I could drive to your place, or an alternative, if you know of one, to try some songs (your handle tells me that we like the same kind of music). Let me know what you think.

Thanks
Tom

·
Premium Member
13,060 Posts
Another old guy here. I played (if you can call it that) for 10 years, quit for 25 or so, and then started again two years ago. I haven't played with anyone since 1978. Right now I just noodle around - a hacker. I guess I'm sort of scared a little shitless at the idea of playing with others again.

I'm in Ajax (though I don't like to admit it).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually Robert, I feel the same way. But I feel it's something I can overcome (I've actually done some open jams in Nova Scotia, and they didn't run me out of town!), and am determined to try and get something together musically, as I'm really bored playing alone. I've been in contact with a guitarist in Oshawa, who apparently I missed this weekend, but he says he jammed with a drummer and it went well. If you contact me at my e-mail [email protected], I can give you more details, as we're now supposed to get together next weekend (just need a bassist, and we've got a band!) Any out there?
Regards
Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts