The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A warm hello to everyone in Canada on Canada Day. This is my first post here, but I've been lurking for a while, and so I thought Canada Day would be the perfect day to join up! I've been living here in the USA for over 20 years now, got a wife and 3 kids, and I just love playing guitar. Been playing for 35 years now, so I know my way around a fretboard a bit. I miss my homeland terribly, but thanks to the internet I can keep up with all the happenings up north. BTW, anyone here from or has heard of St.Lambert, Quebec?:smilie_flagge17:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Bonjour mes ami ( my feable attempt at french).

Welcome to the forum and hopefully a little flavour of your homeland:smilie_flagge17:

enjoy yourself !

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Welcome to the forum. St Lambert - right next to the first lock on the St. Lawrence Seaway, right? What was the name of that old bridge that was only wide enough for one and half cars but had 2 way traffic on it? Scared me sh*tless every time I took it. I lived in Chateauguay and took that way home sometimes if there was too much traffic on the Mercier bridge.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum. St Lambert - right next to the first lock on the St. Lawrence Seaway, right? What was the name of that old bridge that was only wide enough for one and half cars but had 2 way traffic on it? Scared me sh*tless every time I took it. I lived in Chateauguay and took that way home sometimes if there was too much traffic on the Mercier bridge.
Ah, yes. That would be the infamous Victoria Bridge. They would have two-way traffic on one side of the bridge during rush hours - to the city in the morning, and from the city in the late afternoon. I remember riding in my uncle's 1976 Olds Delta 88 Urban Assault Vehicle (almost all cars were tanks back then) going into Montreal one morning. Whenever another big car came the other way then there couldn't be any more that a couple of inches' space between the mirrors. And I can remember the tires scraping against the curb. No way I'd go on that bridge today, I'd be too afraid to!:eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts