1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Haven’t been on here in a while.
Just wanted to say hello.
I haven’t been able to pick up a guitar in a couple of years.
I’ve done dozens of deals here in the past.

Been meaning to ask for your opinions.
My girl and I are looking to move in the near future.
Hoping I can sell off my gear because I just do not play anymore.

Would the Electric Guitar section here on GC be a good place for discussion regarding values?

My apologies if I’ve trampled on a few rules - very busy at work and masters and Christmas is the only time I have to look into this.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,931 Posts
It's good if you sell for a fair price, things seem to move fast if they are priced well, if they are priced based on reverb pricing they don't.
That being said, if you go on reverb and look for sold prices it will give you an idea for a starting point.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Most items here are too high priced, like mention check out reverbs sold prices or Ebays sold price and go from there . If you want to sell your gear fast then it will need to be priced to sell, you could also try a package deal, I once bought everything a guy had .
One more thing I will say , it’s too bad your giving up guitar , I consider the guitar my best friend , when I am feeling down it can help make me feel better , unlike people you can always depend on it , it will not let you down .You don’t need a lot of gear , just a nice acoustic will do it .
There is not a musician around that has not wanted to throw in the towel for whatever reason, I have been frustrated many times .I have been playing 52 yrs , and it been more enjoyable the last 10 -15 yrs ..Doesn’t matter what level you are , you can always learn something new..The only thing that will make me stop at this point is health. Just wanted to get that out , ok I am done preaching..lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts