The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just registered over here from Harmony Central.

I haven't been on Harmony Central too long, either, but you have to register to search their forums. Lots of flaming and opinion-ramming on HC; I'm expecting things to be a little more civil here... kind of like the US/Canada difference, LOL!

However, in HC's defence, I must say that there's a heck of a lot of info there. Hopefully, we can build up this forum to a similar level???

I'm looking to buy my first electric guitar, after playing acoustic for 10+ years, and I'm finding it to be very difficult, almost gut-wrenching; my tastes changes monthly, etc. :confused-smiley-010

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
welcome to the forums.:wave:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Welcome aboard... yes this is not HC but someday it may be as big.... gotta think positive.. :wave:

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Ripper said:
Welcome,
You'll find we are not short of anything in this forum. Enjoy the group.
I've heard Xanadu is a little short something in his pants - but it's just something I've heard - never witnessed anything myself. :tongue:

Welcome to the forum Voivod. Fan of theirs are ya?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
james on bass said:
I've heard Xanadu is a little short something in his pants - but it's just something I've heard - never witnessed anything myself. :tongue:
Need Pics

i gotta start letting you respond to these first, so i can rip on you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow... thanks for the welcome wagon, everyone!

This place is definitely more inviting than the HC forums... people seem split into these militias or groups or factions or somesuch (I always thought that just being a forum member ALREADY makes you part of an exclusive group, LOL!)

Yes, James on bass, I am a MAJOR fan of Voivod, and I was quite saddened by the death of their guitar player earlier this year.

I also like most types of prog rock: Rush, Yes, Pink Floyd, et al. I actually tried to copy Steve Howe's picking style, in the hopes that I could one day play like him (yeah, as if...).

I'm also partial to jazz and flamenco (a guitar style I desperately want to learn). Curiously enough, I'm not really into blues, and I think it's a major weakness in my playing style. I'm working on it, tho... ;-)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts