The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought one of those Fender 50th anniversary Strats made down in Mexico. Nice guitar, but the body is made out of frikin' balsa wood (I think it's Alder or something even lighter and cheaper. Spruce, maybe? lmao).

What I'm looking for is something hard and dense, like a Northern Hard Ash or something of simular weight and density. But, I'm also looking for used, as I can't afford something custom made or brand new right now. So, if anyone has anything laying around in their shop that they wouldn't mind selling, I would be interested.

PS It has a floating vibrato, so the body will need the cutout for that particular style of bridge. If you live in the GTA and can modify an existing strat body to accomodate the vibrato (I can bring mine over; it has a "Fender American Style Strat" with the two knive edge pivots), let's talk - we can work something out.

(In the GTA)
Louie

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
I bought one of those Fender 50th anniversary Strats made down in Mexico. Nice guitar, but the body is made out of frikin' balsa wood (I think it's Alder or something even lighter and cheaper. Spruce, maybe? lmao).

What I'm looking for is something hard and dense, like a Northern Hard Ash or something of simular weight and density. But, I'm also looking for used, as I can't afford something custom made or brand new right now. So, if anyone has anything laying around in their shop that they wouldn't mind selling, I would be interested.

PS It has a floating vibrato, so the body will need the cutout for that particular style of bridge. If you live in the GTA and can modify an existing strat body to accomodate the vibrato (I can bring mine over; it has a "Fender American Style Strat" with the two knive edge pivots), let's talk - we can work something out.

(In the GTA)
Louie
2086CBF4-F94D-4FAD-B3E8-534F79A81E01.jpeg

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
This is my northern ash “boat anchor” and I think that this may be exactly what you seek. Super heavy yet super comfy with the Strat contours. Cheers, Ed

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Oops! My bad!! I just realized that you are looking for a Strat body. Anyway, this “Heavy Tele” body presently has a strat neck pickup and tele bridge pickup (Kinmans) ...sounds glorious.

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
You want an old Burny Fernandes strat. Very heavy wood was used in those suckers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts