The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... I have a SX bass and I was toying with the idea of putting a custom decal on the headstock (I dislike the SX one) - what's the easiest way to go about that? I was reading about things like waterslide decals and stuff - can I just print those on a regular inkjet printer? How hard would it be to get the existing decal off? Anyone else ever tried this?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I'm guessing on your SX but most decals are under a few layers of clear coat. You will probably have to sand off the clear and remove the decal. Apply the new decal and add clear coats until the outline of the decal disapears.

Yes, they are available in both laser and inkjet-able forms.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just don't erase the "Custom Handmade" so you still have that exclusive feeling! :D
Ugh... that was the part I wanted to erase!!! I like the transparency idea... I don't really care if it isn't perfect, as long as it looks okay (how many people are really going to look at my headstock from 2 feet away anyway).

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Ugh... that was the part I wanted to erase!!! I like the transparency idea... I don't really care if it isn't perfect, as long as it looks okay (how many people are really going to look at my headstock from 2 feet away anyway).
you.:smile:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts