The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For about the last month or so I have been getting really intense headaches that start around 10 at night and just get worse as time progresses. Tonight it started around 9 and now it's getting agonizing. It's almost like a migraine except not as quite as intense.

I do suffer from migraines but these seem a little different. I have tried getting up and doing something, anything to take mind off of the focus of this but it doesn't help.

My doctor is away on holiday until the middle of April. Walk in clinics won't really offer me a solution.

I don't know what to do.

·
Registered
18,581 Posts
I would try the walk-in clinic anyway. It can't hurt (no pun intended) to try.

·
Premium Member
8,562 Posts
Any change in diet?

I had something similar happen and tried to find a connection. Turned out it was magnesium vitamins. It stopped immediately (it took a few days to figure it out though)

·
Registered
9,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds like caffeine withdrawal, been drinking more coffee or tea in the mornings?
I don't think so! I drink 1 xtra large Tims daily. I get it at 9 and it will last me until 5 in the afternoon!

Any change in diet?

I had something similar happen and tried to find a connection. Turned out it was magnesium vitamins. It stopped immediately (it took a few days to figure it out though)
No change in diet at all! Come to think of it, I have added about two more ounces of Tofu to my daily consumption which I only eat during the week!

I don't even know if I consume any magnesium! I will check that out! Thanks for the headsup.

·
Registered
9,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I will keep a daily food log to see how much magnesium I am getting! A 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds will solve any deficiencies I might have! I don't see though how I could given the quantity of vegetables and beans I consume daily! You just never know though!

·
Premium Member
3,196 Posts
It's not a cure or any help determining the cause but sometimes when I get a headache that medications don't seem to help with, I often find relief in concentrating on slowing my breathing and heart rate in an effort to alleviate the throbbing.

·
Registered
18,581 Posts
Dehydration ? How much water do you drink daily ? Coffee or other drinks don't count, pure water only.
I was thinking the same thing. However, decaf coffee, according to Weight Watchers is the same as water as far as hydration goes.

·
Registered
9,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dehydration ? How much water do you drink daily ? Coffee or other drinks don't count, pure water only.
I drink flavoured water that is flavoured with Mio, coconut water, coffee and milk. I try not to drink any liquids after 10.

I just got home from OT at work with another friggin ripping headache! It started around 8:30. I am down for the count! I took 4 200 mg of Advil. It's putting a little dent in it but not much!

I am wondering if it has anything to do with the sever concussion I experienced a few years back! Idk.

·
Registered
14,781 Posts
I drink flavoured water that is flavoured with Mio, coconut water, coffee and milk. I try not to drink any liquids after 10.

I just got home from OT at work with another friggin ripping headache! It started around 8:30. I am down for the count! I took 4 200 mg of Advil. It's putting a little dent in it but not much!

I am wondering if it has anything to do with the sever concussion I experienced a few years back! Idk.
Possibly. Years ago a friend got one from a police baton. Once in a while he still gets killer head-aches. Doesn't matter what he eats or drinks.

·
Premium Member
12,587 Posts
I just got home from OT at work with another friggin ripping headache!
You may have answered your own question. Lots of OT? Stressful? That does it for me.

I had an extremely stressful Monday (optical cable cut) and I had a headache for a day after. Part of the problem was a lack of sleep Monday night because I was so wound up. Retirement is my long term solution, but still more than a year away.

·
Registered
18,581 Posts
Since they are only happening late at night, I am guessing stress but I agree with Rick above^^^^.

·
Registered
9,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I had so many tests done to me when I had my concussion! I still got severe migraines even before the concussion happened! They weren't quite as intense.

Tonight is s good night! Came home and had a concoction to drink. Nice and relaxed just chillin and playing Paranoid. No headache to report. This is extremely relaxing. What a relief!!

·
Premium Member
12,587 Posts
I had so many tests done to me when I had my concussion! I still got severe migraines even before the concussion happened! They weren't quite as intense.

Tonight is s good night! Came home and had a concoction to drink. Nice and relaxed just chillin and playing Paranoid. No headache to report. This is extremely relaxing. What a relief!!
I hope not literally.

"Finished with my man because he couldn't help me with my mind." :D

·
Registered
9,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Paranoid as in The Prince of Darkness no less! I love that song!

I was Ozzified last night, I watched interviews with him and Sharon on Jimmy Kimel and Conan on YouTube. Just hysterical!

I love Ozzy cause he's so down to earth and says what's on his mind!

He was telling a story where he was so drunk and high! He came out of a room towards Sharon and told her that she must die! He then proceeded to try and strangle her! There still together though! Idk?

·
Registered
9,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I finally found a natural way to relieve these SOB's of headaches. I eat a half a edible and no headache at all.

It seems now if I eat a 1/2 cookie I don't get any headaches. This is excellent way to treat these stupid headaches.

I have to keep this activity on the down low. If my husband ever knew I have been medicated he would lose it. What he doesn't know though will never hurt him.

Ya sure he did drugs back in the day. As he has gotten older his tolerance for anything like this has greatly diminished. He said that people will fake what maladies they have to get a card. I disagree 95% with him!

What a great way to wind down except I can't sleep because I am watching Heavy Rescue on the 401. What a great show.

I love these Rotator trucks. These specialized heavy rescue trucks are amazing.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts