The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was for years and years a delay always on player. But my buddy kept bitching about guys who he would gig with that never shut it off got me to shut it off. And I love it. My timing is so much more a part of the playing. I sound like a way better player overnight. I will be playing time effect free for most of what I do. If I need some delay it will be for an effect, as opposed to always on.

·
Premium Member
11,974 Posts
Sparingly, at least usually. Effects are like colours and shades in paint, or like the exposure and brightness adjustments on photos. There are moments when I’m in a full out ambient music mood that I’ll get extreme but moderation in all things normally applies to modulation.

·
Registered
15,914 Posts
I like using a variety of pedals--but sometimes I play without them.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
I'm always pretty heavy on the verb and love leads or clean ambient sounds with plenty of delay. I get that in a live setting it's not always good to be washed in verb and delay but for home playing I just love the big trails and repeats. Some styles also dont really need it, fast metal etc. For the jazzy or blues stuff I play I use just a touch of reverb. When I bust out the Big Muff and synth pedals and have my volume pedal hooked up I go nuts with the delay. Practicing with delay and working around the repeats can also be good for timing. I guess it depends on the style.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
I didn't use Reverb for years asnd some delay for leads occasionally. That was mainly for hard Rock stuff though. I add a touch of Reverb now and the delay is used for some extra width in sound. Never been big on many effects, and when I do use any, it's fairly subtle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts