The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

http://www.roland.com/products/en/RE-20/index.html

I thought I might post this for those of you who haven't seen this yet :eek: . I was shocked to find out that this will be released! Hmm depending on how it sounds I might just replace my DD-20. I only use the tape mode on it anyways.

Thoughts, comments? My only concern is I hope that Boss/Roland does the original some justice.

·
Registered
874 Posts
That would be one I would like to try out.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Not much more tech info on it as far as I could find but the phrases "Amazing simulation " and "Faithful modeling" always scare me a little:eek:

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
why not get an original Roland space echo ( tape driven and all that stuff). they are still around. LAst time I was in Sherwood Music on Queen they had 3 of them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GTmaker said:
why not get an original Roland space echo ( tape driven and all that stuff). they are still around. LAst time I was in Sherwood Music on Queen they had 3 of them.
I wish. I dont have that type of money. I am lucky with the stuff I do own :tongue:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Man I hope Boss does a good job with this. Does anyone know when this is going to be released?

GTmaker said:
Too pricey(damn Radiohead) and I've heard tape delays require a lot of maintenance..

·
Registered
171 Posts
As long as Boss does the Space echo justice(obviously wont be as good as the original) and isnt just repackaging the DD-20 i think i'll be snagging this up.

I'd love to get an original but the high price combined with the fact that it's bloody huge makes it a pain to haul around.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I do owe everyone on this thread an apology.
I had NO idea how expensive these Roland Space Echo units are these days.
When I saw them for sale at Sherwood, all I though of was..." hey, I had one of these for years!".
Dont remember ever looking at the price and if I did, I certainly dont remember doing so.
Oh well....getting old has its flaws and NO positives I can think of.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well , I for one will go for a DD-20 instead of this thing just because of the presets. I am surprised at Boss for releasing a "twin-pedal" with no presets when both the DD-20 and CE-20 have them. The new pedal has lots of knobs and modes and I just can't imagine bending down between songs and tweaking a delay to change sounds for the next tune. In 2007 there is no excuse for not having presets on a digital unit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts