The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tend to do this every now and then. I bought what I think is a Greco LP copy (Its been stripped). It has old Dimarzio pickups. I usually buy a guitar, clean them, give them a good tune up with new strings.
But...this one has been in the case since I bought it a couple months ago. It didn't even have string on it when I bought it (Cheap).
I know its weird, but it lets me have a NGD whenever I want.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Not sure I understand... When I get a new guitar, I make a setup if needed and play it at least three days a week before I put in the herd to be play in my taste of the day round based on "How do I feel today ?"
When I realize one is getting less of my love, I would give her a try and if she does not appeal me anymore, I sell her.
My GAS will be eased when one is going to make room for another... ;-)

Reactions: marcos

·
Premium Member
Air guitar
3,254 Posts
Have you been drinking again?

·
Premium Member
17,099 Posts
I don’t do it on purpose but.....

I was making room in my house a few months ago and part of that was carrying all of my cases out to a trailer.

On the fourth or fifth trip I noticed that one of the cases was heavier than expected.

Yup, a guitar I had completely forgotten about.

It was like a free NGD.

Old age has its “advantages”?

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I can recall playing a guitar in a store. When I put it back I put up high at the very end of the row. Figured it would be a PIA for the rest to get down. Does that count.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I don't know if this counts but I just bought an Epiphone Sheraton. I was gas'ing for a Gibson 335 and found one. Way expensive for an indulgence this close to Christmas.
The Sheraton was the responsible choice, and after a little work, a good choice. It plays well, stays in tune and sounds good.
Still want the flame top Gibson, but the Epiphone cured the gas.

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
My 57 5 watt champ sounds real good but there’s a Grant 650 double pumper that I need to rebuild so I can get some pos car running.

·
Premium Member
5,928 Posts
I don't know if this counts but I just bought an Epiphone Sheraton. I was gas'ing for a Gibson 335 and found one. Way expensive for an indulgence this close to Christmas.
The Sheraton was the responsible choice, and after a little work, a good choice. It plays well, stays in tune and sounds good.
Still want the flame top Gibson, but the Epiphone cured the gas.
There is flame top Epi 335s out there.

I like my Epi Dot, it has some nice accidental flaming on the backside. Just enough to make it look interesting.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts