The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,925 Posts
The Regal steel body resonator has a couple of recent stickers from things I've done on the back, but otherwise not since I put a bumblebee embroidery sticker on my Telecaster Deluxe headstock in 1977. Scores of guitars, no stickers, no desire.

·
Registered
10,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Regal steel body resonator has a couple of recent stickers from things I've done on the back, but otherwise not since I put a bumblebee embroidery sticker on my Telecaster Deluxe headstock in 1977. Scores of guitars, no stickers, no desire.
Do you have a pic of your Tele Deluxe? I want to see the guitar, not the sticker lol.

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Once when I was in grade 7 or 8.

It was a Sears strat sort of rig. I sold it to some kid for more than I paid for it. Maybe the sticker helped with that.

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
No stickers on my guitar ever. My dad used to stick the star from a bottle of Five Star whiskey on his guitar. It was a 1950's J-45

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
No. But like Vokey I did have a case covered in them. And only because it was a shitty cardboard acoustic guitar case.

·
Registered
24,336 Posts
I've had to remove them, but I've never put them on.

In 1967, I went to a free outdoor concert at Place Ville Marie in Montreal with the Jefferson Airplane and Grateful Dead. It seemed like there were STP stickers on the back of every guitar in both bands. What went by the street name of "STP" was a hallucinogen of that era ( 2,5-dimethoxy-4-methyl-amphetamine (STP): a new hallucinogenic drug. - PubMed - NCBI ), so folks would use the stickers produced by the automotive oil additive company as a joke.

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
i have removed them, but never put them on a guitar. i did have a couple on an old strat case once. i also had a guy paint the inside of the pressed in logo for me. he made it look like it was glowing red hot. it was pretty cool, imo. i've always wanted to have a case i could do stuff like that to, but i can rarely bring myself to do it. stickers i deem cool enough to use are hard to find. it's a slow process and i rarely keep a guitar for more than a year. the exception being my current lp. i'm not ready to put stickers on that case by a long shot.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I got my Tokai Goldstar Sound back in 1985 and a few years later I put two stickers on the headstock. One with a series of musical notes and, surprise, a gold star. :) Here's a photo:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts