Votes: 12 54.5%
  • been shot at, but they missed

Votes: 6 27.3%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
Had one pointed at me twice in anger.

Best friend got shot but that was an accident loading a horse into a trailer and a shotgun went off. Why there was a 12 gauge involved in the process I’ll never know. We were still in HS at the time is probably the only reasonable explanation.

Dude that lived with us in Edmonton had been shot and thrown in the Welland Canal and lived to tell about it.

Pretty tame life these days but I suppose there’s still time for me to shoot myself ... lol

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Hit square in the chest with my own ricochet off a steel target frame. Kevlar stopped it. Still felt it.

·
Registered
10,954 Posts
I've been shot at, but they missed.

I was once shooting with my cousin standing beside me, it ricocheted and passed between our heads.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Was duck hunting, sitting in a blind, when another group of hunters set up across a pond about 50 yards from us. We were yelling at them to move when a flock of ducks landed in the pond directly between us. They all popped up, we all hit the dirt, and they blasted away at the ducks with pellets screaming all around us. They missed us and the ducks. One of them was training to become a conservation officer. You would think she would know better.

·
Premium Member
10,492 Posts
Had one pointed at me, but never shot at.

·
Registered
18,581 Posts
I picked "shot at" although that is not true in the strictest sense. I was duck hunting with a friend when we were teenagers. He was impulsive and that day I found out how dangerously impulsive he was. Some ducks flew in and before they were in range he up and fired with me in front of him, not expecting him to do so, I ducked as I saw the shotgun coming up. If I hadn't, he would have blown my head off. It was the last time I went hunting with him.

I almost shot someone accidentally with my .22 rifle. It ricocheted off the target I was shooting at and went through the trees and he was walking down the road behind it. I fired twice. He said he ducked when the first bullet whined past his head and told me if he hadn't, the second one would have hit him in the head. I got sort of sick, took the bullets of of my gun and went home. I still get a sick feeling when I think about it down to this day.

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
Kinda sorta.

I forget whether it was a BB or pellet, but it stung like hell. We were kids horsing around with a rifle. By the time we graduated to sneaking someone's father's 22 out of the house we knew enough not to point it at each other.

You can't beat fun for a good time.

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
Intentinally shot with a pellet rifle from about 2-3 meters. As in the kid pointed it at me giggling and pulled the trigger. Said he thought the safety was on as if that makes any difference. Got me square between the eyes but above the hairline. I was lucky it wasn't fully pumped up and didn't damage my skull at all.

Dick rural doc pulled it out and then gave me anesthetic after.

·
Premium Member
4,500 Posts
Was shot with a pellet gun in the leg intentionally when i was young and also had a gun pointed at my head in a sort of hold-up. A guy and his girl came into a store i was working and pointed the gun at me and told me his girl was gonna steal some jeans and to look away, witch i did. Wet my pants that day.LOL.

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Was duck hunting, sitting in a blind, when another group of hunters set up across a pond about 50 yards from us. We were yelling at them to move when a flock of ducks landed in the pond directly between us. They all popped up, we all hit the dirt, and they blasted away at the ducks with pellets screaming all around us. They missed us and the ducks. One of them was training to become a conservation officer. You would think she would know better.
They'd have left the woods with shotgun barrels so far up their ass.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Yes, but it was a pellet.
We built a tree fort in the nearby woods about fifty years ago. Some asshole with a pellet gun decided to hunt us for sport. If I remember correctly, he continued doing this until the police got him.

·
Premium Member
8,986 Posts
Had one pointed at me, but never shot at.
Same, I was about 13-14 and over at a neighbour kids house. He pulled a 12ga off the wall, pointed it at me and went 'click'. I knew very little about, and had zero experience with, guns, but I knew enough to know how stupid it was and bitched him out. He laughed.

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
Raked with a loaded pistol on Friday! I didn't notice it - I was sitting down shooting a rifle on the bench - but my buddy did. The guy broke several of the strictest rules at our club. Don't know how he got his tag but he'll be getting a bad-news call from the safety officer. Not a good feeling.

·
Premium Member
8,986 Posts
Raked with a loaded pistol on Friday! I didn't notice it - I was sitting down shooting a rifle on the bench - but my buddy did. The guy broke several of the strictest rules at our club. Don't know how he got his tag but he'll be getting a bad-news call from the safety officer. Not a good feeling.
Yeah, 3-4 years ago a kid I'd never seen at our (remote, outdoor) range turned 180 degrees off the firing line towards me (I'm sure he never saw me) and racked his pistol slide with the barrel pointed right at my sternum (about 8-10 yards away). Turned around and started shooting, so I know it was loaded, thank diety he didn't have a slam fire.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
pretty tame for most. when i was a kid we had this game we used to play called "imtruder"
my buddy's mom was a waitress who worked nights. she often came home and said "why does it smell like gunpowder in here?"
one guy put on 2 or 3 sweatshirts and an army coat, and a football helmet. he went out into the yard.
the other 3 guys would hide, one man on each floor with a shotgun. each gun had one low brass shell with no pelletts, only the plastic wad. the guy in the yard had to enter through the basement somewhere, and make it up to the bathroom on the 3rd floor without getting shot. you had 30 minutes, and no one could turn on the lights, and you couldn't guard the stairs or the cellar door in the kitchen. we never did get caught.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
I've shot by BB and pellet guns, nothing bigger though. Not even any close calls. I wasn't sure how to answer the poll, BB's don't really count.

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
Kid I knew in grade school paid another kid 5 cents to put on his winter coat and run back and forth in the yard while the entrepreneur took pot shots at him with a BB gun.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts