The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
24,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw one obviously shot on the canal in downtown Ottawa. I imagine if you'd been one of the few chowing down n a burger and asked about it, you'd have shouted out about it by now. But given how many Canadian cities have been featured, and how many people there are milling around, doing what they're doing, and finding out "what the heck they're doing over there?" after the fact, have any of you been somewhere in the background?

·
Registered
11,664 Posts
theyre paid actors but if they happen to be the general public they'll usually deny any involvement in the morning

·
Registered
14,885 Posts
I actually like A&W now--they've changed some things...

Reactions: Kenmac and bzrkrage

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I’ve always liked a&w burgers. I can remember getting annoyed that their large size drink is a McDonald’s medium and it’s the biggest size they offer. Basically paying Starbucks price for fountain pop. Actually thinking about it now it bugs me again. Sure make your burgers taste like onions and armpits then charge 75 cents per sip for root beer. Cool.

P

·
0 Posts
I’ve always liked a&w burgers. I can remember getting annoyed that their large size drink is a McDonald’s medium and it’s the biggest size they offer. Basically paying Starbucks price for fountain pop. Actually thinking about it now it bugs me again. Sure make your burgers taste like onions and armpits then charge 75 cents per sip for root beer. Cool.
Ahahahaha

Nicely ranted.

·
Premium Member
4,468 Posts
Favourite fast food burger place of ours. First burger i ever hate was when i was about 11 years old at A+W in Trois-Rivieres Quebec. Brings back memories.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
One thought always comes to mind when eating an A&W burger: How the hell is McDonald's still in business!!

They're one of my favourites.

·
Registered
24,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
theyre paid actors but if they happen to be the general public they'll usually deny any involvement in the morning
They're not going to feature anyone who took advantage of a free burger and said "S'okay, I guess. Much like any other burger.". Whether or not A&W hired anyone to appear on camera is moot. I'm talking about the many folks in the background, doing something else, who get to say to their friends "Yeah, around the 11-second mark, you can see me in the blue ski jacket and red toque, to the right of the A&W guy".

·
Premium Member
4,300 Posts
McD’s is in business because of their $$ value proposition and the branding. And they work their asses off to stay current and keep people happy

I have four kids. the six of us with some cunning financial strategy can eat for under $25.

·
Registered
24,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Best tasting burger in the fast food market
I like the fried onions. I wish more places offered them as standard.

But I'm not here to shill for them. I just want to know if, given how many different cities they've shot these ads in, and how much they've targeted locales where younger people congregate, any members unwittingly ended up on screen.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
McD’s is in business because of their $$ value proposition and the branding. And they work their asses off to stay current and keep people happy

I have four kids. the six of us with some cunning financial strategy can eat for under $25.
And they maintain that value with effecient design. I managed one for a few years. If minimum wage employees were all intelligent and competent people, McDonald's service would be lightning fast. If I had my, handpicked, select staff (the ones that could tie their own shoes) I was breaking McD's records for service speed. But alas, that industry doesn't lend itself to hiring, and keeping, the competent.

·
Premium Member
17,579 Posts
But I'm not here to shill for them. I just want to know if, given how many different cities they've shot these ads in, and how much they've targeted locales where younger people congregate, any members unwittingly ended up on screen.
Keep trying and waiting...eventually someone will respond to the essence.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I occasionally eat A&W burgers but why do they insist on putting on that big slice of onion ?!
Maybe A&W own an onion farm !
I always ditch that big onion straight in the garbage !

·
Premium Member
8,690 Posts
My wife and I love Teenburgers, and eat 1 or 2 a month. Tastiest fast food burger short of something lots more expensive. But unlike McDs, there is some variance by location. West Ed Mall food court, they are always excellent, juicy and hot off the grill. Some other places, they can be a bit dry and somehow built just differently enough to not quite taste the same.

Nope, never been on TV.

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
No, but a few years ago the Google map vehicle took a picture of me working on my buddies car in my driveway. Pic has been replaced recently

Reactions: greco

·
Registered
11,664 Posts
No, but a few years ago the Google map vehicle took a picture of me working on my buddies car in my driveway. Pic has been replaced recently
I have a few of those. You should be able to scroll through the timeline and see yourself through the ages

1 - 20 of 43 Posts