1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,161 Posts
No we have not.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I just can't see how something like that can be used for me, but maybe it would work for someone in a different genre/style than I prefer. Synths of course came immediatley to mind, but I'd think it might be a small market for guitarists in general. I'm curious of what the relative uses for guitar might be and for which genres. Sound tracks or score segments for shows or movies might be a use I suppose.

·
Registered
24,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some folks will use delays for rhythmic purposes, and you've also got things like the auto-sweeping wah pedals. I gather this lets one coordinate sweeps with rhythmx. The EHX Blurst pedal would do modulated sweeps, but not in a manner that would sync up with something else.

That said, it's not for blues or metal players, I suppose.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Some folks will use delays for rhythmic purposes, and you've also got things like the auto-sweeping wah pedals. I gather this lets one coordinate sweeps with rhythmx. The EHX Blurst pedal would do modulated sweeps, but not in a manner that would sync up with something else.

That said, it's not for blues or metal players, I suppose.
I could see this or something similar making its way onto Bill Frisell's board. Maybe Nels Cline? Anyone that does any solo work with loopers and wanted to add some different sounds to accompanying parts coyld probably find a use for it. I'd love to mess with it for a weekend in any case.

·
Premium Member
2,174 Posts
It looks like something I would spend hours and hours playing with it but would get little use for actually playing a song with.

·
Registered
24,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I get the sense that it picks up where the Adrenalinn left off. That rhythm-synced effects pedal was also lauded, but never really seized the imagination of more than a small segment of the market; the problem being that it was too deep. That's one of the perpetual challenges facing the pedal industry: "deep" is what allows you to differentiate from the rest of the herd, but the brunt of the real market wants 3-4 knobs, even though they hint at wanting more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts