The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I have been debating if I should get rid of most of my effects. I feel like I just hide behind them. I would keep things really simple, and maybe have 1-3 pedals. Anyone else ever toyed with this idea before?

I

·
0 Posts
Not at all. I haven't ditched my effects, but if I can leave them at home I will. I love showing up for a gig with nothing but a guitar and amp. You can do a hell of a lot with a great 2 channel amp, your volume knob and your fingers.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I gotta admit I feel the same way Misfit. I would much rather have a useable 2 channel amp with minimal effects than a chain of distortions and OD's. However, I don't have the coin to buy a great 2 channel amp or even a great amp period. I like my Traynor but it has it's limitations. Can't get exactly what I want from it. So I'll keep practicing and maybe someday I'll get what I'm looking for. :DevilGuitar:

·
Registered
145 Posts
iaresee said:
Not at all. I haven't ditched my effects, but if I can leave them at home I will. I love showing up for a gig with nothing but a guitar and amp. You can do a hell of a lot with a great 2 channel amp, your volume knob and your fingers.
I agree.I have been building my own effects trying to look for that tone. I never had a channel switcher for my amp so I built one and it dawned on me that the "tones" I was looking for (clean and dirty) were in my amp all along.:rockon2:
Now I show up and plug straight into the amp.

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts