The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back when ownership of the forum changed some here thought that things would change. A couple of long time members left. Up to now has anyone noticed this forum changed? I haven't really seen any difference my self. Did the members who quit do so in vain. Or maybe they were just ready to quit anyway.

·
Premium Member
13,022 Posts
Not much IMO

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Remember Yanina?

Man, those were the days!
Indeed I do remember - thanks for the smile.

I think good ole Andy Fake would have lasted longer under the new regime... and more people would lose their minds over his rambles. There does seem to be less moderation - certainly seems like fewer threads are locked once everyone's had their say and start to repeat themselves. And certainly technical glitches are fixed far slower.

yeah i think it did change, but so far, not enough to make me hang out somewhere else.
Exactly.

·
Premium Member
9,719 Posts
i don't mean to say membership has changed, or that the flavor of the board is different. but somehow the powers that be feel a little further away than they used to. it could be all in my head
No, I’d agree with that.
It feels extremely laissez-faire.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Shit I didn't know Scot was no longer in charge and that is is under new management but like all forums things change over the course and while we have a few that are narcissists and just like to rub shit into faces as they know it all and then we have a few conspirators who insist on left wing thoughts but what else is new not so uncommon on most forums.
I do miss some of the old gang and wish they had stuck around and while I give those few their dues the narcissists and conspirators that is sometimes it gets just a little to old when they think they are right all the time am I now no way no how of course I can be wrong just as often and while my opinion doesn't make the world any different I can honestly say that I can change my opinion if someone proves me wrong unlike some of them when they can't open their brains up to someone else's opinion thought whatever you want to call it.
It's just a forum and how and what we do here is on each and everyone of us to either grow with it or change it and I choose to be here because its Canadian and while I may have a different thought then some I believe that everyone has a right to express them self's positively or negativity and this whole concept of blocking well that's just away of running away maybe because some are scared that their long help beliefs could be wrong who knows.
Me I choose to stay as long as I can sometimes I may have some thought provoking words and sometimes not stay leave me I'm staying just because I hope one day to contribute more then my music. And that why they call me Ship Of Fools read the lyrics sometime if you can.

·
Premium Member
11,842 Posts
It feels like we've left our parent's basement and have our own dorm room now. No direct supervision so we're a little pissier (and pissed-off-er and pissed-er) than we used to be.

Or maybe it's as Nick Adonidas said: "You can never step twice into the same river."
Well, maybe not him but some Greek dude, I'm pretty sure.

Reactions: Diablo

·
Premium Member
4,245 Posts
Yes but before I didn’t need my ingore button. And in a small sense, civility is diminished no longer having its rightful stronghold.

The proper ratio of supervision does add to everyone’s comfort and general contentment in all forums. Or I wouldn’t need the ignite button and dudes wouldn’t have left.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts