The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure everyone is familiar with the new Electro Harmonix pedals that have been coming out recently. The new XO and Nano lines are pretty much just a bunch of classic pedals in smaller enclosures and w/ true bypass.

There are also a bunch of cool reissue effects that are included in the line. Those would be the Stereo Polyphase, Clone Theory and LPB-1 (Linear Power Booster).

I really want to get my hands on a Clone Theory, but I haven't had a chance to look around the city. Have these things hit stores in Canada yet?

·
Premium Member
4,368 Posts
I got the Nano Clone (not the XO Clone Theory) from Guitarparts just a couple of weeks ago. And I think I jumped the gun on this one as I happened to be the first ones to buy it and probably one of the first ones to realize that it has a "problem".

The pedal works fine with a battery as well as my PSA-5 when used alone. However, when daisy chained with other pedals, it shuts off the power on all the pedals. I initially thought it was part of the design and just might be draining all the power from the PSA so I tried it with a separate power supply and it worked. It's only when I came across this thread at HC that I realized that it was really a design flaw.

Check out this thread and look for the post on the first page by Rick Stevenson of EHX explaining the "issue" with the pedal.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1419970

BTW, the pedal as it is for me is just "okay". Being a single knob pedal (Rate) and nothing else, there's really not much to tweak with this pedal. IMO, it delivers the Cobain chorus sound but it can get hissy at high rates.

Anyway, for those who are interested in buying one, I would suggest you wait until they have "fixed" the issue with it as Rick has mentioned, they are working on it. It was also mentioned in Rick's post that this is also an issue with the Nano Muff Distortion. The rest of the other new pedals are okay.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I read that thread too, but I'm not really interested in the Nano Clone for myself.

I've always wanted a Clone Theory pedal, so that's the one that's had my interest for a while. I have a Boss CE-5, which is pretty versatile as well.

·
Registered
274 Posts
we just got the whole line in. I like the booster a lot, good fat sound, sort of like a toned down big muff. The chorus is ok, but I wish it were more adjustable.

The value though is unbeleivable. they sell for 49-59 bucks and are true bypass, made in new york.

·
Registered
274 Posts
screaminking said:
Where exactly do you work?

What have you got in at the moment?
sherwood music in kitchener.

we have the chorus one, the line booster one, the nano muff, and the micro metal muff right now.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I saw the Nano Small Stone at L&M about a month ago..went there to try one today and they were all sold out. I saw a Muff Overdrive in the display case though.
Edit: Wow I didn't see how old this thread was.

·
Registered
12 Posts
They've been around for a while now. I love EH pedals with two exceptions. The first being their size, and if you've ever opened one up, there is no need for a chassis that large. Second being the odd voltages that they run at, just get a regulator in there geeze. I like how they figured it out and finally decided to go smaller.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts