The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Did it get trolled? This place seems to be pretty good lately, but I did notice some threads got pulled due to nonsense some time ago

·
Registered
10,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did it get trolled? This place seems to be pretty good lately, but I did notice some threads got pulled due to nonsense some time ago
I don't think so. I remember it being just a run of the mill thread with a lot of responses.

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
It might have been moved to the political section or just a shit storm of trolls caused too many complaints. We usually respond only once complaints roll in.......

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
I don't think that happened though. Oh well...
No, it's not that stuff got moved or censored. It's completely innocuous stuff like the 2018 NHL thread, or the thread where somebody posted the amazing deal they got on a true RMS multimeter.
And other weird glitches, like post pages that have no posts, or 3 posts and then a new page.

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
I noticed some of our veteran complainers are back after a hiatus and stiring up shit until they got banned on other forums.
Yeah, but it's good to see you back posting again anyway. ;)

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
No, it's not that stuff got moved or censored. It's completely innocuous stuff like the 2018 NHL thread, or the thread where somebody posted the amazing deal they got on a true RMS multimeter.
And other weird glitches, like post pages that have no posts, or 3 posts and then a new page.
... or all posts for a given day missing from a thread - posts before and after still there, but one day's posts surgically plucked-out.

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
... or all posts for a given day missing from a thread - posts before and after still there, but one day's posts surgically plucked-out.
Hmm. Like some kind of bot moderation gone bad?
I don't know if anyone has flagged this issue yet, so @GCAdmin1

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
And here's a screenshot where google search finds the thread, but it doesn't exist and has also been scrubbed from google cache (which seems to me would require someone requesting deletion unless google cache is not really a cache :confused: )
lostthread.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
And here's a screenshot where google search finds the thread, but it doesn't exist and has also been scrubbed from google cache (which seems to me would require someone requesting deletion unless google cache is not really a cache ) View attachment 226013
And link to the dead thread: https://guitarscanada.com/index.php?threads/nhl-2018-season-thread.225402/

P.S. Some one should have made a post named “Zed Thread” ... then we could be saying “Zed Thread’s dead baby. Zed Thread’s dead ...” here

1 - 17 of 17 Posts