The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,301 Posts
Yes. About 4 years ago.

I got a new iPhone and didn’t install the app. Thankfully it just heppended naturally. I also found a deepening of my warm relationships, and more time for things of value.

I don’t miss it.

I’m considering returning to activity on there for the purposes of increasing my life insurance leads only. I’ve been a full time life insurance broker for 13 years in the Toronto west area.

·
Registered
10,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes. About 4 years ago.

I got a new iPhone and didn’t install the app. Thankfully it just heppended naturally. I also found a deepening of my warm relationships, and more time for things of value.

I don’t miss it.

I’m considering returning to activity on there for the purposes of increasing my life insurance leads only. I’ve been a full time life insurance broker for 13 years in the Toronto west area.
I guess you have to hustle a lot for that?

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
As for FB I don’t use it much except to communicate with people or groups of people whom I actually know so there’s no big FB drama it’s just a resource. I also host pics on it since photobucket shit the bed and expected to be paid for it.

·
Registered
9,074 Posts
I have but went back. Lately I have been considering it again, and just have to get off of my arse to send messages to people I want to remain in contact with to let them know to contact me via email or text. Once I do that, I'll quit FB again and won't miss it.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I went twice and quitted twice !
Never tried to participate in public forums there.
First time, tried to reconnect with old pals... Did not find any !
Second time, we were invited to follow members of our original (French) music forum : they were not quite seen there !
I have nothing to sell... and could not find easily on FB what I can easily find through Google.
So, closed my account... twice... and do not plan to bother again.

Reactions: zdogma

·
Premium Member
2,222 Posts
I never really got the point. Had an account for about a year, kept sending me notifications about messages I didn’t have. I’d log in, the interface was unusable. Terrible. Never found anything I cared enough about to post anything.

·
Premium Member
17,176 Posts
I cant afford to yet.

When I dont have a band to promote (ha) I wont need the app.

Edit: i did clean up the pages ive liked and checked settings for targeted ads.

·
Premium Member
11,075 Posts
Periodically I slow down, but as I use it to buy and sell stuff, communicate with family and friends (especially friends in common with family), and promote my business, I don’t slow down for long. My adult kids who live away like it so we keep up with each other easily. I have pretty stiff privacy setttings and don’t put up with BS.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I think I'd miss it. Aside from being a convenient way to stay in touch with friends in far away places I'm involved in a number of music and outdoors related discussion pages. I also use it as a means for getting notifications of local cultural events and happenings and it's become the main method for us to inform anyone of events at our place. We've got friends grouped into different groups so all we have to do is pull up s group and say "Bonfire at our place tonight", click send and everyone gets instant notification.
I really would miss the convenience.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Quickest communication with my daughter in Victoria. She'll be a new mom soon and it's been nice and convenient for her to attach ultrasounds to her messages. Other than that it's essential for band-related stuff.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts