The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
The Walmart in Whitby doesn’t carry beer. The Superstore right next door does and we will grab out of convenience.

·
Premium Member
9,704 Posts
Hmm.,.havent seen it at Walmart.
Longos, yes.
But I rarely buy alcohol. I stock up once or twice a year and that’s all I need.

·
Registered
14,562 Posts
In Alberta it would need to be in a place with a separate entrance--so it wouldn't be in with the other stuff.
Like at Costco--you have a separate entrance & the there is no customer path/access from one to the other without going outside.
Grocery Stores sometimes have a separate building altogether--they often share a parking lot-but sometimes are a block or more apart.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
I drink very little beer except when I'm working on a hot day or when I'm camping. I think I have picked up a case when I was in the USA camping a few years ago. I didn't know you could buy it at a Walmart in Canada. I mostly drink wine and have it made for me at a local Vintners.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Nope, to answer your question.

If /when I need beer, I take the ferry or drive across to Quebec. I go to “the beer king” in Aylmer and load up for close to 1/2 the price I’d pay in Ontario (but that’s kind of “illegal” to do that - insert roll eyes here).

All grocery stores and “depanneurs” sell beer and wine in Quebec. It’s everywhere and available most any time. Yet, the incidence of alcoholism is actually lower there than here in Ontario. Easy availability does not make your drunker, stupider, or more of an alcoholic. It just makes it easier for you to drink what you’d drink anyway.

·
Premium Member
10,933 Posts
Mallwart? No.

When the local one opened I went once just to see what the Anti-Christ looked like. Freaking ugly. Never been back, hate the thought of it.

Buy my alcohol free beer at the grocery store (I don't drink anymore), the bride buys her regular beer at the beer store.

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
I've been to WalMart a couple of times, no urge to ever go back. I suppose if it was the last place on earth to purchase beer I might make an exception.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Nope, to answer your question.

If /when I need beer, I take the ferry or drive across to Quebec. I go to “the beer king” in Aylmer and load up for close to 1/2 the price I’d pay in Ontario (but that’s kind of “illegal” to do that - insert roll eyes here).

All grocery stores and “depanneurs” sell beer and wine in Quebec. It’s everywhere and available most any time. Yet, the incidence of alcoholism is actually lower there than here in Ontario. Easy availability does not make your drunker, stupider, or more of an alcoholic. It just makes it easier for you to drink what you’d drink anyway.
This guy was written up in the news years ago. I wondered if he was still in business and offering those discounts.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts