The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has actually sold anything through the classifieds on this board? I've had no luck at all . . .

Its not like I'm trying to sell uber expensive or esoteric gear either. In fact, many threads on the board have been about some of the gear I've had for sale: Epiphone Valve Junior, Agile Guitars, etc.

It seems unfortunate that we finally have a Canadian board but the buy and sell is stagnate: I've noticed that most other "for sale" posts don't have any replies either . . .

Any thoughts? I'm starting to wonder if the board has a lot of young members who lust after gear but never have any $ . . .

TG

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
you would think ( at least I hoped) that buying from a fellow Canadian has many advantages. NO Customs fees, easy shipping and even a possible "I'll pick it up".
to answer your question directly....NOT YET...lol

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I haven't sold anything here yet but I have purchased a pedal through here with great results. Somethings move faster than others.....

·
Premium Member
5,172 Posts
I hope to use the for sale section when I have something to sell. I use Craigslist all the time for local sales/trades. If I can find local people on here I will do the same.

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
The focus of the site isnt to sell items. If it was it would be called "Abunchofshitforsalesobuyitfor****ssake.com".............

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Accept2 said:
The focus of the site isnt to sell items. If it was it would be called "Abunchofshitforsalesobuyitfor****ssake.com".............
I never suggested it was . . .

Just asking if anyone has had luck selling or if others have had the same trouble I have had. For a moderator, you are not very moderate :food-smiley-004:

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Hang in there boy's.... the membership is growing steadily. I suspect as we continue to grow all sections will get more action, including the for sale forums. But everyone can help out by participating in the other forums. Since visitors cannot view the content of the for sale forum we need other content to encourage people to sign up.

·
Premium Member
2,034 Posts
I've sold four or five items I think.
Mostly lower priced and one medium priced item. I have listed some higher end stuff and have not gotten a lot of interest. But I think this will be quite a good place to move and buy gear, once the membership grows a bit more. it sure is nice not to deal with Customs and cross border B.S.
Let's see...The Gear Page has 11,324 members and we have 725 members. If you go by the 10% rule for Canada vs the USA. That means we should have about another 400 members coming on board.

cheers
Pete

·
Registered
872 Posts
I've bought a pickup, so no I haven't sold anything. But I haven't tried either. But that does mean someone sold something!!!

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
...i've sold stuff, and seen a lot of things i would buy if i had more $$$ floating around. this site provides one more opportunity for musicians to sell or acquire stuff. it will continue to be useful.

-dh

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
GuitarsCanada said:
I think that domain is already taken :D
so that's why we got stuck with guitarscanada.com:mad:

·
Registered
872 Posts
Xanadu said:
so that's why we got stuck with guitarscanada.com:mad:
Hmm I just checked, it looks like it's still available. Maybe we should change. :D

Then again, I like guitarscanada better. :rockon:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts