The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week the OPP got a call from a farmer's wife near Douglas On because she was concerned about a letter he had left her before going to work on their farm. She called the OPP (Big mistake, never call the cops). They went back to where he was working, and all we know is the farmer is dead. The SIU is investigating, but it sounds like the cops shot the farmer for ??? No details are being released, so we can only assume if the farmer shot himself, they would say so.

Anyhow I looked up the address and it is near Harry Dick Rd. I assume the road was named after Harry Dick. Not a name I would want to live my life with... Any other names, post them...

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Damn,as an aside,I've got/had lots of kin in the Douglas area .
Spent lots of my youth up there.
Just never thought I'd hear a reference to Douglas,not just here...but ever .

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn,as an aside,I've got/had lots of kin in the Douglas area .
Spent lots of my youth up there.
Just never thought I'd hear a reference to Douglas,not just here...but ever .
Here is one news article about it: Man shot dead near Renfrew during OPP interaction: SIU

Notice how little info there is. OPP went out and shot him and are now going to cover it up. They did it a number of years ago in Renfrew On. Two brothers were fighting and the mom called the OPP. They arrived and from across the street promptly shot and killed one brother. The thing that makes this one suspicious is the OPP that did the murdering, went to school with the guy and knew he was mentally handicapped. The rumors around town were that the OPP killer cop would brag all the time that he couldn't wait to kill someone. The SIU investigated, but never contacted a number of citizens that wanted to give information the investigators. The SIU of course cleared the killer cop.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
more in line with what your post referred to....without a word of a lie...I was at a store and two guys came in together.
I swear this is true...say it out loud...Phil McCracken with Dick Moss

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Jay Goff

Good dude, but goddamn... some parents.

Also worked with a guy named Jocelyn Gosselin. Fully rhyming and made no bones about pronunciation.

·
Premium Member
10,925 Posts
I once knew a Bob Dick. My family used the word bob to mean shorten (like a horse's tail), so when I met this guy, well...you know.

I used to fish with a group of guys who claimed to have a co-worker named Richard Head.

·
Premium Member
3,330 Posts

Sent from my other brain.

·
Premium Member
10,925 Posts
When I was a teenager, we lived for a few years in a neighbourhood with Cox on one side and Balls on the other. We weren't allowed to comment on such things.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Dildo, NF.

I knew this name for years and never thought anything of it until a female co-worker pointed it out as an "...unfortunate name..."...the baseball player Randy Johnson. lol...that's a stealthy one!

Knew someone with the last name Lipschitz.

Wang is pretty common as well....but we're really getting into elementary school territory.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
The funny thing about the prenom Dick, is no one really is born with that name....they CHOOSE to be called it as an abbreviation for Richard.
figure that one out. Youd really have to hate the name Richard to prefer to be called Dick.
Its stupid anyways, obviously it should be Rick or Rich if anything. Silly boomers...no one born after 1970 does this.

On another note, Gay used to be a popular female name....and why shouldn't it...it used to mean "happy"....those days are over also.

Reactions: Ti-Ron
1 - 20 of 71 Posts