The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was playing my tele out on the patio today and I heard a robin. So I slid my finger along the fretboard until I could replicate his pitch and we answered each other's calls back and forth.

But then a blue jay started his raspy call and I slid my finger up to the 13th fret of my e string and bent a few notes which came pretty close to his pitch and cadence. All of a sudden the bloody thing went crazy, it suddenly flew down and batted its wings into the side louvres of the patio, startling the hell out of me. Within a minute a second jay appeared and the two of them started facing each other down and squawked back and forth making a real ruckus, obviously thinking that the other was responsible for the odd call, or that another jay was invading their territory.

At this point I decided to cease and desist lest I get my hair parted. It was an interesting experience nonetheless.

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
I was playing my tele out on the patio today and I heard a robin. So I slid my finger along the fretboard until I could replicate his pitch and we answered each other's calls back and forth.

But then a blue jay started his raspy call and I slid my finger up to the 13th fret of my e string and bent a few notes which came pretty close to his pitch and cadence. All of a sudden the bloody thing went crazy, it suddenly flew down and batted its wings into the side louvres of the patio, startling the hell out of me. Within a minute a second jay appeared and the two of them started facing each other down and squawked back and forth making a real ruckus, obviously thinking that the other was responsible for the odd call, or that another jay was invading their territory.

At this point I decided to cease and desist lest I get my hair parted. It was an interesting experience nonetheless.
Lol

Too funny.

2004 April in Mississauga I was running a door to door business. I was training a group and while just walking along I noticed a cockatiel bird escaped from its home. Well it decided I was related and came and sat on my arm. Took it in the minivan to Walmart and bought a cockatiel starter kit. Kept diamond for 6yrs then sold it on kijiji for $80

·
Registered
14,395 Posts
Didn't Ted Nugent make birds explode by using feedback?

·
Registered
18,557 Posts

I've never heard of that before. Very funny!

·
Registered
24,164 Posts
When we lived in Victoria, my older son and I were regular visitors to the Marineland they used to have there, since we had a family season's pass, and it was on the way home from school/daycare. Recently-deceased "killer" orca whale Tillicum (subject of the repeatedly broadcast CNN documentary "Blackfish") was one of the residents there at that time. There was a loud high-pitched sound I used to be able to make at the back of my throat by inhaling a certain way. When I would make it by the orca enclosure, Tillicum and the others would always come over out of curiosity. It's a weird feeling being able to "call" whales. Not exactly a "marketable skill".

I just wish there was a guitar noise I could make to chase away the bloody chipmunk living in our yard. There isn't a single bit of edible plant life in the garden that is safe from that little striped bastard.

On our street, it's the cardinals that make the most imitable songs.

·
Premium Member
11,633 Posts
I use one of these to converse with the crows.

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
My parrot whistles some of the riffs I fart around with. Sunshine of your love is his favorite

Reactions: mhammer

·
Registered
24,164 Posts
I don't mind. Dave, you got a freebie...unless you don't want to be associated with it. :eek:

Musta been Ukrainian hackers. :D

·
Super Moderator
15,776 Posts
I don't mind. Dave, you got a freebie...unless you don't want to be associated with it. :eek:

Musta been Ukrainian hackers. :D
Oh I'm fine with this one, although I'm pretty sure I can't call whales :)

Much more concerned about the potential ability for someone to make a post while pretending to be someone else.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Lucky it was not a red wing black bird. One used to attack me regular when you cycled past his area. Right down fluttering at your helmet.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts