Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That is all :)

·
Premium Member
16,492 Posts
Although I’m growing weary of the media attention to this, I do think it’s an important and historic event.

The terrible double standard that has treated good and decent people like criminals is finally over.

It should have happened decades ago.

I for one think this is a very positive change.

·
Premium Member
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Although I’m growing weary of the media attention to this, I do think it’s an important and historic event.

The terrible double standard that has treated good and decent people like criminals is finally over.

I agree. I think it will be the better part of a decade before it's normalized though. I told my I was gonna switch from beers to bud for my weekend treat and she's even hesitant. To many years of misinformation :(

·
Premium Member
10,926 Posts

I agree, and I am not (now or ever) a user.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
I’m curious how the website ordering system fared. Did it work seamlessly? Did it crash due to demand?

I’m also curious whether or not the initial flood of orders will be delivered as promised.

·
Premium Member
16,492 Posts
It will take time for the smoke to clear....

(Sorry)

For many, probably most Canadians, the main difference will be reduced stigma (hopefully dramatically reduced).

It's unlikely that suddenly people will start smoking. Really we've had tacit approval for some time in many contexts.

I would council anyone crossing the border to be as low key as possible. Hot boxing on the way to customs is not a good plan.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
It will be chaos in Quebec ! Not because anybody can smoke... Chaos as who and where they are allowed to smoke !
The worst example : Montreal City decided to apply Quebec's tobacco smoking law as where you are allowed to smoke weed... but sectorial councils inside Montreal adopted more restrictive rules so that you are allowed to smoke weed on a sidewalk, but not on the other side of the boulevard !

Quebec's law allows weed smoking at eighteen years of age, but the new government just elected says he will change it to twenty-one as medical experts and psychiatrists suggested. By the way, Quebec prohibits household grow...

Yep ! We are in for years of adjustments, but I am not sure provinces will sell weed for long... Private companies would...

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
It will be chaos in Quebec ! Not because anybody can smoke... Chaos as who and where they are allowed to smoke !
The worst example : Montreal City decided to apply Quebec's tobacco smoking law as where you are allowed to smoke weed... but sectorial councils inside Montreal adopted more restrictive rules so that you are allowed to smoke weed on a sidewalk, but not on the other side of the boulevard !

Quebec's law allows weed smoking at eighteen years of age, but the new government just elected says he will change it to twenty-one as medical experts and psychiatrists suggested. By the way, Quebec prohibits household grow...

Yep ! We are in for years of adjustments, but I am not sure provinces will sell weed for long... Private companies would...
Halifax took the occasion to ban smoking and vaping, of any kind, on Municipal property, including sidewalks and streets.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I'm wondering who gets the money? Its a huge windfall for the Gov't and I bet a tiny percentage of dirtbag politicians get the cash.

·
Premium Member
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FB_IMG_1539813070935.jpg

P

·
0 Posts

I think they actually have pulled the ultimate fast one. Like a mafia takeover, the largest gang has taken over the entire country's pot business. Now they are going to get really tough on anyone who sells that is not a member of their gang. There are apparently 65 new laws set up to charge us with pot infractions. The cops are ready to charge us all with whatever they can, the govt wants the revenue. The act of smoking pot is so controlled they have taken the intent of legalization and turned it into a new era of complete control. If I was a pothead I would never buy from the govt. You have to give all your particulars to the govt store. Canada Post also has strict rules and another list you will be on. How long until the list from the govt store gets matched up with you drivers license? Then the cops can use automated plate readers, and any plate that is owned by someone on the dope list gets flagged and pulled over. Stick with you dealer for now.

·
Premium Member
17,309 Posts
Apparently, Ontario allows four plants for every resident.

I'm going to rent out to students and stack them like cord wood in one of the storage rooms, then start up a Garden of Eden rain forest in the basement. :)
Thanks for my laugh for today!

·
Premium Member
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think they actually have pulled the ultimate fast one. Like a mafia takeover, the largest gang has taken over the entire country's pot business. Now they are going to get really tough on anyone who sells that is not a member of their gang. There are apparently 65 new laws set up to charge us with pot infractions. The cops are ready to charge us all with whatever they can, the govt wants the revenue. The act of smoking pot is so controlled they have taken the intent of legalization and turned it into a new era of complete control. If I was a pothead I would never buy from the govt. You have to give all your particulars to the govt store. Canada Post also has strict rules and another list you will be on. How long until the list from the govt store gets matched up with you drivers license? Then the cops can use automated plate readers, and any plate that is owned by someone on the dope list gets flagged and pulled over. Stick with you dealer for now.
Paranoid much? I get a kick out of people that want their cake and eat it to. If you make anything legal there has to be rules attached. Wanna drive, follow the rules.... wanna drink booze follow the rules. Rules and regulations are there to allow people to enjoy privlages and keep the population as a whole safe without infringing on individual rights. It's a delicate balance and not everyone is gonna be pleased all the time.... that's life. Anyways, just go have a toke and chill mang. You're wound too tight ;)

Edit.... say what you want about putting it too the man and going to your dealer to save the taxes. The taxes are what pays for the health care provided to people that OD on weed that was laced with Fentanyl bought from shitty dealers.

Reactions: hammerstein
1 - 20 of 41 Posts