The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I hope everybody has an enjoyable Thanksgiving. :)

·
Premium Member
16,550 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving indeed!

My favourite annual holiday by far.

For me, Thanksgiving has long been a weekend for escape and then appreciation.

Until I started doing the Rockton Fair every year around 2003~4, I used to go canoing on the Grand River for three days and camping on the river side each night. Then I’d come home and take a few days extra holiday.

Now my daughter and I do sound for the fair for four days (really takes almost six days with set up tear down) and then I take the rest of the week to spend with family.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving. I’m sure enjoying mine.

·
Registered
24,378 Posts
Not a huge Thanksgiving celebrater, though I don't pooh-pooh it. The wife and I will have a quiet meal at home.

The local Loblaw's had a bin of Honeycrisp apples on for 46 cents a pound. That's right, not a misprint. Mind you, they looked a touch ugly, and were designated as "orchard run", but certainly more than good enough to eat. I seized the opportunity and bought 10lbs or so, to make an outstanding apple crisp and a few jars of apple-berry compote, with plenty of apples left over. The peels weren't pretty, but hot damn, those are tasty apples. And since they usually go for anywhere from$2.49-$3.99/lb, I figured "When am I ever going to be able to go hog wild and make baked goods with Honeycrisp?". Hell, what do you think a retail jar of Honeycrisp applesauce would sell for...IF you could even find it?

So this year, I can give thanks for apples.

·
Premium Member
10,948 Posts
Happy thanksgiving, folks. Have a safe and contented time.

My beautiful kids came home, and we’re having a lovely quiet time.

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Have a great Thanksgiving peeps.

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,114 Posts
FB_IMG_1539039502033.jpg

Reactions: zontar

·
Registered