The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
13,223 Posts
It will be KFC for me.
The wife.....in her infinite wisdom etc.....has decided that since her son's girlfriend can't make it for dinner, then dinner is canceled. Plus, she is taking her son to see his girlfriend.....which is actually a bonus because I don't have to see any of them for a few hrs.
If I still drank I would have started hrs ago and not stopped until Tuesday morning.

·
Registered
14,555 Posts
Happy Giving of Thanks to you all

Reactions: greco

·
Premium Member
17,309 Posts
Give thanks for all of the relatives (try hard with this one), friends and acquaintances you have.
IMO, that is what life is all about.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Heading out to see the wife's family tomorrow, which is always fun and delicious, but Monday will likely be the last Thanksgiving with my grandma as we're bringing dinner to the palliative care facility she's been staying at for the past few weeks. She's been joking about how the golden years haven't been so golden for her lately. Cancer sucks.

·
Registered
10,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heading out to see the wife's family tomorrow, which is always fun and delicious, but Monday will likely be the last Thanksgiving with my grandma as we're bringing dinner to the palliative care facility she's been staying at for the past few weeks. She's been joking about how the golden years haven't been so golden for her lately. Cancer sucks.
Been there. Make the most of it while you can.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
It will be KFC for me.
The wife.....in her infinite wisdom etc.....has decided that since her son's girlfriend can't make it for dinner, then dinner is canceled. Plus, she is taking her son to see his girlfriend.....which is actually a bonus because I don't have to see any of them for a few hrs.
If I still drank I would have started hrs ago and not stopped until Tuesday morning.
I'd take KFC over turkey any day....every day. Turkey is the meat equivalent to rice cakes.
We had ribs and home made mac n'cheese. It almost made up for seeing the in-laws 2 weekends in a row. Almost.

·
Registered
10,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'd take KFC over turkey any day....every day. Turkey is the meat equivalent to rice cakes.
We had ribs and home made mac n'cheese. It almost made up for seeing the in-laws 2 weekends in a row. Almost.
Have you tried cooking turkey in a turkey bag?

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Have you tried cooking turkey in a turkey bag?
Nope, never even heard of it. I've never eaten turkey I enjoyed so I have little optimism. Although a friend once told me, deep fried it's pretty good. I'd be open to that if someone made it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts