The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, what are you doing to ring in the New Year? We are just sitting in tonight. Not in a partying mood, just too tired and stressed from a crazy month at work. Going to M&M to get some hors d’oeuvres to snack on. I will probably be asleep by 11. Will try to ring the New Year in with some really nice sparkling apple juice! I plan on playing my guitar all day long! The house is basically mine as my boys are going to parties tonight and my husband might go to the cottage just to check things out.

Anyhow, wishing you and yours Happy New Year! Be safe and arrive alive.

·
Premium Member
16,548 Posts
As I have since I more or less retired from music as a business, I will stay home with my wife and daughter.

We’ll drink champagne (couple of nice bottles of Moët and Chandon chilling now), smoke some fine Canadian herb, maybe watch a concert DVD or two, have a fondue, soak in the hot tub et cetera, et cetera.

If we make it to midnight, that’s fine. Sometimes we do, sometimes we don’t.

No uncomfortable clothes, no risk of issues with drunks, no entanglements with Ontario’s finest.

Exactly the music we want at exactly the volume we want.

For me, it’s a very easy decision.

Happy New Year everybody!

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Well I sure wish I could get excited about new years but still getting over being sick found out that I actually have a weird bug RSV so no surprise that sucking air has been hard but will get the bottle of Scotch out and cheers to all here and have a cup of tea a bun and then a nap if you know what I mean and make sure that I wear really loose clothing and eat some good foods.Rib eye steak I think is in order along with a great red and then the scotch

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
Turned down a couple gigs - the money's just not enough to get me out of the house on New Years anymore.

Friends coming from out of town, steak and lobster, hot tub, euchre, maybe a little acoustic jam, and most certainly some "wobble".

Happy New Years all!

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dinner at the sisters and then a date night with the new Strat. :)

Happy New Year everyone!
I wish I had a date night with a PRS, S2 to be exact. My SG will be the star tonight. Ever since I got it repaired I have been playing it everyday. I really love it now. I have also learned a few new songs which is so exciting and motivating.

Crank it up! Enjoy your new strat Sulphur.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
We are annouced heavy snow tonight (35 cm !) : Will stay home with my wife (sons are out of town with wife and grandkids), lunch lasagna as an excuse for molto Reserva Italiano vino "tasting" in apero as well as during and after lunch. :) Will spend the evening watching festive and humoristic year review TV programs on French ICI (Infoman, "À l'Année prochaine" and "Bye bye 2018" and a special variety musical program (A New Year's Eve special from "Une heure dans l'univers de..." squad.)

The weekly edition of "Une heure dans l'univers de..." is worth a special note as I am most of the time fiberglasted by the mixing arrangements of tunes Jean-Benoit Lasanté team makes. The idea is to produce a show based on the tunes the invited artist mentioned (in a long written inquiery answered months before the show) as marking a special moment in his/her life or career. The show is produced live and includes professionnels and talented amateurs (family, friends and coworkers) of the incited artist. France Beaudoin, speaker and producer, makes a great job.

Happy new year everybody ! :)

P.S. Nope, won't play any guitar tonight... ;-)

Reactions: rhh7

·
Premium Member
10,948 Posts
Lola et al, happy new year!

Jammed with a friend this morning, mandolin and guitar. puttered about the studio this afternoon (so far), going out for appetizers this evening with friends but then coming home to spend the evening in with my bride.

Saving the steak for tomorrow.

·
Registered
485 Posts
We alternate between houses every New Years with another couple (nothing like that!!! Get you minds out of the gutter).

They're supplying the steaks (which I will inevitably grill) and I'm bringing the sides, then crashing at their place so no driving. Still nothing like that!! geez!

Nice, easy, quite with great friends.

Whatever you do, do it safe, and stay off the roads!

·
Premium Member
16,548 Posts
We alternate between houses every New Years with another couple (nothing like that!!! Get you minds out of the gutter).

They're supplying the steaks (which I will inevitably grill) and I'm bringing the sides, then crashing at their place so no driving. Still nothing like that!! geez!

Nice, easy, quite with great friends.

Whatever you do, do it safe, and stay off the roads!

Ah, I see, it’s like that is it?

SWLABR = Swings With Loose Abandon Between Rib-Eyes

·
Registered
24,377 Posts
Made spaghetti and garlic bread. Watched 4 episodes of The Kominsky Method (very good Netflix series, though funnier for those of us above a certain age). Went to bed early. Fell asleep at 11:30. It's Tuesday. Get used to it. Time to put up all the new calendars received from the many sources that send them.

I tell ya, around here it's party, party, party all the time, just like Eddie Murphy sang.

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Getting really sick. Not a good day so far. The usual. A fever, shivers and a hacking cough. Fell asleep at 9:30 last night, set my alarm so I could see the ball drop in Times Square. I actually did get to see a few moments of one of my favourite journalists Anderson Cooper.

I can’t even imagine the hangovers that some ppl have inflicted on themselves this morning.
So glad I don’t drink.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts