The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,050 Posts
Next year...I’ll celebrate it. When I can actually buy the shit.

·
Registered
6,363 Posts
Whinny is gonna make it free like everything else and give it away give it away give it away now. Soma for this brave new world that has such people in it.

·
Premium Member
13,084 Posts
Different but no different than booze IMO. Impaired is impaired. Mind you it is yet to be determined if weed and it's variants has its equivalent to heart disease, liver damage, increase risk of cancer and a couple of dozen of other documented illnesses related to excessive alcohol consumption. I'm sure there are intolerant alt-right conservatives who drink, some like fish, but consider any sort of cannabis use, even medical, the devil's work. Typical of their holier-than-thou hypocrisy.

Disclaimer: I don't smoke or inhale anything ( inhaling air excluded) I have the occasional drink or beer at home, sometimes not for weeks. Regular consumption is not compatible with my sleeping difficulties and medication

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Different but no different than booze IMO.
that's like comparing a bentley to a chevy and saying "they're both cars, so they're the same thing"

stoners don't become violent when high. they don't get intoxicated to nearly the point alcohol users do, and thus most of the bad decisions drunks make aren't made by pot heads.
and if you think we don't already know the effects of weed on the body by now, guess again. we've been studying it for decades, but you don't hear of it because of media bias.

saying weed is in any way similar to booze is lazy. i would say uninformed, but it's been common for your entire lifetime. by now you've been exposed to enough information about it to absorb at least a basic understanding, without ever having to try it.

i would remind you of the quote in your signature, at the bottom of every post you make

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Part of the problem with the booze versus pot argument is that it is not uncommon for the two to be combined.
Any studies or us versus them isn't relevant.

·
Premium Member
13,084 Posts
@cheezyridr I quit smoking weed in 1978 because it made me paranoid.

·
Premium Member
13,084 Posts
@cheezyridr . It also appears you ignored this part of my post..,.

I'm sure there are intolerant alt-right conservatives who drink, some like fish, but consider any sort of cannabis use, even medical, the devil's work. Typical of their holier-than-thou hypocrisy.

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any studies or us versus them isn't relevant.
again, i disagree. alchohol is legal, yet we have known of it's dangers for centuries. weed is mostly benign, and we have known that for nearly a century, and suspected it for far, far, longer. the first thing any politician will bring up when discussing legalizing it, is the dangers of it's use. that makes it entirely relevant.

@cheezyridr . It also appears you ignored this part of my post..,.
no, i didn't ignore it, it just wasn't the part i was referencing in my post. the part i was dealing with was the part i quoted. you said :
Different but no different than booze IMO.
i stated my opinion that it is entirely different on many levels. that you used to smoke it, confuses me, as i would expect that you having first hand experience, would know that.
the paranoia thing, yeah, i know many people who have the same problem. it's not uncommon at all. of course the older you get, the less you are able to enjoy it anyhow. i smoke it far less than i used to, because if i smoke too much, i fall asleep. funny thing is, if i stop altogether, i have really weird dreams for months after. when i am smoking it, i rarely dream at all.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
again, i disagree. alchohol is legal, yet we have known of it's dangers for centuries. weed is mostly benign, and we have known that for nearly a century, and suspected it for far, far, longer. the first thing any politician will bring up when discussing legalizing it, is the dangers of it's use. that makes it entirely relevant.
A smidge out of context, understandable. I was referring to the mix of alcohol and weed. Seems to be a bit of an overlooked issue.
Level of benign completely depends on level of usage too. Alcohol can be completely benign if used in moderation, not so sure about weed. Many people can drink without getting drunk, not sure how that works with weed as the entire point is to get high.

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A smidge out of context, understandable. I was referring to the mix of alcohol and weed. Seems to be a bit of an overlooked issue.
Level of benign completely depends on level of usage too. Alcohol can be completely benign if used in moderation, not so sure about weed. Many people can drink without getting drunk, not sure how that works with weed as the entire point is to get high.
agreed, the point is to get high. while one may eventually adopt a refined appreciation for it, that doesn't really change anything. what i mean is, some folks will equate the way they use it to tasting wine. i don't buy that. i mean, i have an appreciation for the finer stuff, and i can enjoy it in a similar way to one who appreciates tasting wine. but that part is a bonus, it's not the meat of it. look at the canabis cup as an example. it's all about tasting the way you would wine. but it's still fundamentally about getting high.

·
Registered
6,363 Posts
... Many people can drink without getting drunk, not sure how that works with weed as the entire point is to get high.
And alcohol content is fairly accurate and consistent as in one beer is 5 percent or whatever whereas the concentration in dope is suck it and see what happens.

Recent study (its at my office don’t have it with me now) traffic fatalities involving weed went up about 12 percent after legalization.

Forensic toxicologist is telling me that there is no roadside test now or anytime soon. I think I’ll take his word for it on that one.

That said, I don’t care if people are huffing the gas rag just keep them off the roads.

·
Premium Member
13,084 Posts
@cheezyridr My individual experience is difference. I get more of pleasant laid back cheerful buzz from a few drinks or beers than I do from weed. Weed seems to bring on a more anxious and worrisome state of mind for me, sometimes it is paranoia. I addition I just don't like inhaling anything. Cigarettes are brain fuck IMO, but that is another topic.

Reactions: Wardo
1 - 20 of 24 Posts