·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case anyone missed this first time around

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
even if he is a 9/11 truther, it's not something one would celebrate. tbo, as much as i HATE thinking it may have been a big scam, there is a hell of alot of evidence suggesting it just might have been.

·
Registered
24,129 Posts
It's a simple error, and one that many of us have made in one form or another. "Happy <whatever>" is simply the unconscious reflexive response we have for noting an event. It's as reflexive as responding "You too" when somebody wishes you something about an event specific to you, as you're leaving ("Happy 50th anniversary!". "You too"). All across the country, somebody will have said "Happy Remembrance Day!", or "Happy Day of Atonement!".

Meh, it happens. We all say a lot of stuff without thinking about it much in advance, and often in complete contradiction to what we really believe and feel. But I think I'll vote with Chris that having it as a thread title send the wrong assort of message. The humour of the content lies in the faux pas that Brolin probably still feels dumb about. But none of that is evident from the title.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
even if he is a 9/11 truther, it's not something one would celebrate. tbo, as much as i HATE thinking it may have been a big scam, there is a hell of alot of evidence suggesting it just might have been.
Evidence? I've seen a ton of theory and conjecture and opinion about 9/11, but I haven't seen much that I would call evidence in the legal sense of the word.

·
Registered
9,283 Posts
What were you doing when you first heard of the devastation?

We were at a dealership signing paperwork for a vehicle.

I couldn't stop listening to the radio, watching tv and discussing this with a Lot if people I wouldn't normally converse with.

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
Evidence? I've seen a ton of theory and conjecture and opinion about 9/11, but I haven't seen much that I would call evidence in the legal sense of the word.
part of the reason for that is because nearly ALL of the steel was shipped to china within 2 weeks of the event. is that what you do when you want to diligently investigate something? immediately get rid of the hard evidence? also, there is plenty of evidence to suggest that the official narrative is false. whether 9/11 was a scam or not, i don't know. it really bothers me to think it might have been. there are tons of things we know about that do not fit the official story. i'm willing to bet that if you looked into it some, you would find yourself beside me, sitting on the fence of indecision.
there is a hell of alot that just doesn't add up.

·
Registered
12,245 Posts

I couldn't stop listening to the radio, watching tv and discussing this with a Lot if people I wouldn't normally converse with.

i was at work. my boss came out to the shop floor and told us someone just flew a plane into the world trade center. then he came out again and said someone else just did it, and ther were other planes probably hijacked too. immediately, one of my co workers, someone i've known for my whole life, said "i bet it was that fucking bin-laden guy!!!" i didnt know who he was talking about. he said he had seen a documentary on him just a few nights prior

·
Premium Member
8,449 Posts
I was salmon fishing with a buddy.On the way home we turned on the radio and started listening, but we couldn't understand what was happening. No one said, "for those tuning in,...", so we actually thought that Canada and the states were going to war. It sounds crazy, but we got that notion in our heads and then everything the news person said afterward seemed to fit.

Yeah, I'm with mhammer, the guy in that clip didn't mean to say Happy 9/11.

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
Regardless of who was responsible, it was a sad day for a lot of people who lost loved ones. It changed the world that day.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
It really offends me when people speculate about 9/11 conspiracies. If there is a conspiracy, its that we never blamed Saudi Arabia & continue to do business with them today. And if there is any county that should be restricted from flying to the US, it's Saudi Arabia.

We lost our head office in 9/11. Exactly 358 colleagues were killed, most in the building, a few on the planes. To this day, I cannot bear to see a photo, or video, or television program, or movie, or anything about it. I remember well enough what happened.

·
Super Moderator
15,722 Posts
It really offends me when people speculate about 9/11 conspiracies. If there is a conspiracy, its that we never blamed Saudi Arabia & continue to do business with them today. And if there is any county that should be restricted from flying to the US, it's Saudi Arabia.

We lost our head office in 9/11. Exactly 358 colleagues were killed, most in the building, a few on the planes. To this day, I cannot bear to see a photo, or video, or television program, or movie, or anything about it. I remember well enough what happened.
Please note that my "like" for your post just signifies complete agreement. There is absolutely nothing to like about that day.

·
Registered
8,515 Posts

I was at work and, that day, we were at the CN Tower so I walked across the street to the CBC building and watched coverage in their lobby.

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
Oh for fuck sakes.

No, there is not.
is this the part where i say "is too" and you reply "is not" over and over? hahahahaha

look, i don't WANT to believe it was all a big scam. it upsets me every time i see one of those "inside job" bumper stickers. but there are so many things in the official story that make no sense, that i cannot confidently say it wasn't. that's my only point. beyond that, believe what you wish. i haven't decided myself yet, there's no point trying to convince others

1 - 20 of 31 Posts