The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks, first let me be honest, I am guitared. Now thats out of the way. I do some trading and looking for guitars quite often. I was looking for a cheapest strat like guitar to do some mods over the winter. I was cruising kijiji the other day and this happen to be on it. It was cheap and different than the regular stuff I see, two bad combinations for me lol. So went and took a look, was a 94 Korean Hamer with the small Slammer Series on the headstock. It was filthy but was in excellent shape, played well so I picked it up. Spent a couple hours cleaning the smoke off it, did a minor setup with some new strings then plugged it into an old Lab Series L5 I have. My lord I was surprised at the tone out of this beasty. Owner had indicated the electronics were upgraded but the original pups were in it. I am quite impressed by the tone out of this thing. Holy moly. I dont think I am going to mod it now lol. The quality of the build is very nice, I believe an alder body, maple neck and fret board. I always heard about the hit or miss quality from Slammers from Hamer, but truly this is a much better guitar than those. Dare I say as nice as my mid 80's MIJ Fenders. Don't beat me up for that lol. Just wished to share my thoughts an a darn good quality cheapo guitar. And yeah I know it aint an American Hamer, but I didnt mortgage my left testicle for it either lol.

·
Premium Member
3,474 Posts
First of all, pics or it’s all lies. .... second of all make sure that Lab 5 is in frame.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I’ve only played a few of the slammer series instruments, but they’ve all been fine by me. Definitely comparable to other instruments in that price range, and nice if you want something different than the sea of strats I’m that price range.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not a gold member, cant post but if someone sends me their email I can send a pic to you to post. Sorry guys.

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
I am not a gold member, cant post but if someone sends me their email I can send a pic to you to post. Sorry guys.
you dont need to be a gold member to post pics. assuming you have an image hosting site like imgur just copy the url of your pic. then you look above the post windo. see the little postcard icon with the sun and mountains? click on that. it will bring up a box. in that box you paste the url of your pic. click "insert". look below the post window. click "post reply"

OR
hit the key to the right of the letter p on your keyboard. it's the bracket key. now type img and hit the bracket key again, all with no spaces
now paste the url nest to that.
hit the bracket key again.
now look to the right of your period key. see the forward slash? it's between the period key and the right side shift key. type a forward slash, followed by the letters img and another bracket. it will look like this below, only with no spaces:
[ img] the url of your pic goes here [ / img ]

all those buttons you see at the top of the post windows are shortcuts for bbcode. hover your pointer over them and they even tell you what they do
this is bbcode: BBCode - Wikipedia

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you dont need to be a gold member to post pics. assuming you have an image hosting site like imgur just copy the url of your pic. then you look above the post windo. see the little postcard icon with the sun and mountains? click on that. it will bring up a box. in that box you paste the url of your pic. click "insert". look below the post window. click "post reply"

OR
hit the key to the right of the letter p on your keyboard. it's the bracket key. now type img and hit the bracket key again, all with no spaces
now paste the url nest to that.
hit the bracket key again.
now look to the right of your period key. see the forward slash? it's between the period key and the right side shift key. type a forward slash, followed by the letters img and another bracket. it will look like this below, only with no spaces:
[ img] the url of your pic goes here [ / img ]

all those buttons you see at the top of the post windows are shortcuts for bbcode. hover your pointer over them and they even tell you what they do
this is bbcode: BBCode - Wikipedia
Ok I shall try lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts