The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. what a wonderful night.

I'm about to head out to band practice, I get in my car and notice my trunk light is on (trunk isn't closed properly) I shrug it off and go on my way to pickup my drummer. I get to his place, open the trunk to move my guitar... it's not there... I say shit, i left it in my house. I go to back to my house it's not there.....I go on anyway calling the rehearsal factory to see if they've seen my stuff hoping maybe I left it there? Nope. Has the drummer seen it? Nope. Call the singer, nope.

It's gone and I have no idea where it is. All I know is my trunk wasn't properly closed when I got in my car tonight and now my life is gone.

Missing:
a green Ibanez S with a tune-0-matic/stop tail bridge (YES, it's RARE)
Peterson Strobostomp 2
ISP decimator
3 lava patch cables
2 Core silver bullet cables
a pair of etymotic earplugs

Damn.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Man, that sucks. Best we can all do is keep an eye out for it on Craigslist, Kajiji, Ebay... the person who stole it is probably only interested in fencing it for cash - that's my best guess anyway. Sometimes these guys aren't too bright and they leave a trail.

I write down all my guitars's SNs and particulars re identifying marks, etc. Any chance you have that kind of info? Helps track them.

This is exactly the sort of thing I worry about too... having precious/rare/even purely sentimental guitars stolen.

·
Premium Member
4,172 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. Have you reported it to the cops? You might also want to visit the pawn shops around the area in the next few days, give them a photo of your guitar and a number they can contact you in case it shows up in their shops. Checking out the online places to sell stuff would be something I would be doing too.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I write down all my guitars's SNs and particulars re identifying marks, etc. Any chance you have that kind of info? Helps track them.
Me too, I have a spare USB thumb drive filled with pics of the serial numbers/dings/marks on all the gear me and my step dad own. Main reason is because most of the gear is in our jam room which is a totally different building then our house (on our property though) so we can't exactly hear folks over there... not that it's easy to break into. The next step up would be security cameras and GPS tracking devices haha.

Sorry to hear about your gear dude... will keep my eyes open if it makes it down here or online.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sorry to hear your stuff was taken. I had a dumb-ass moment last night. I pulled into a Wendy's on the way to band practice. There was a head and wireless in the trunk and a cab in the back seat, bass in a gig bag in the front seat. The neighbourhood was kind of dodgy and I parked in clear view of the restaurant windows so I could keep an eye on things. When I was done eating I went back to the car and saw my interior light was on. That happens when either a door is ajar or you didn't lock the car. I FORGOT TO LOCK THE DARN CAR. Lucky for me nothing bad happened. What a brain fart on my part. I'll be much more careful in the future.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
...make sure you have your receipts and serial numbers but, most important, file a police report and/or reprt it to your insurance company.

i recently found a hot rod deluxe that was stolen from me a few years ago but, since i hadn't filed a report, there wasn't a thing i could do to reclaim it.

-dh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts