The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the story goes....I went to the 12th Fret over a month ago to drop off my Wren Concert for consignment. I did a look around the shop and noticed a GW Barry OM on a stand sort of staring at me....I politely denied eye contact and continued my way and lo and behold, a very close friend of mine was plucking away on an acoustic. We were the only two in the store! We chatted and made plans to grab a drink.

As we walked towards the exit, the guitar is catching my attention again. Now, I had zero intentions of purchasing an acoustic given that I had just put the Wren up for sale but....I decide to sit down and fondle this lovely creature. OMG....it sounds fabulous and I love the OM models...my favorite acoustic. I walk out head high and no plastic is removed from my wallet...

The next day, a rep from the 12th Fret calls me to discuss pricing and terms on the Wren and I casually ask him about the Barry OM. Well, I decide to put a deposit. To cut it short - My Wren sold today (to a forum member I might add) and I picked up the GW Barry.

It is a wonderful guitar - sounds fantastic (as I recalled) and a joy to play. Here are a few pics.

Guitar String instrument String instrument Musical instrument Plucked string instruments
Guitar String instrument Musical instrument Acoustic guitar Plucked string instruments
Guitar String instrument Musical instrument Plucked string instruments Tiple

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
I'm not familiar with the builder, but I wasn't familiar with Wren until you mentioned them as well.

Looks like spruce over rosewood with a mahogany neck and ebony board? I like the simple headstock shape, distinctive but not outrageous (a la my Dean LOL).

·
Registered
18,593 Posts
I hate when those nice guitars follow you around the store like that. :)

It looks great. Enjoy!

Reactions: LanceT and Alex

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.