The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the story goes....I went to the 12th Fret over a month ago to drop off my Wren Concert for consignment. I did a look around the shop and noticed a GW Barry OM on a stand sort of staring at me....I politely denied eye contact and continued my way and lo and behold, a very close friend of mine was plucking away on an acoustic. We were the only two in the store! We chatted and made plans to grab a drink.

As we walked towards the exit, the guitar is catching my attention again. Now, I had zero intentions of purchasing an acoustic given that I had just put the Wren up for sale but....I decide to sit down and fondle this lovely creature. OMG....it sounds fabulous and I love the OM models...my favorite acoustic. I walk out head high and no plastic is removed from my wallet...

The next day, a rep from the 12th Fret calls me to discuss pricing and terms on the Wren and I casually ask him about the Barry OM. Well, I decide to put a deposit. To cut it short - My Wren sold today (to a forum member I might add) and I picked up the GW Barry.

It is a wonderful guitar - sounds fantastic (as I recalled) and a joy to play. Here are a few pics.

IMG_7382.JPG
IMG_7384.JPG
IMG_7386.JPG

·
Premium Member
11,633 Posts
I'm not familiar with the builder, but I wasn't familiar with Wren until you mentioned them as well.

Looks like spruce over rosewood with a mahogany neck and ebony board? I like the simple headstock shape, distinctive but not outrageous (a la my Dean LOL).

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
I hate when those nice guitars follow you around the store like that. :)

It looks great. Enjoy!

Reactions: LanceT and Alex

·
Premium Member
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 6 of 6 Posts