The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

341 - 360 of 394 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #344 ·
Thanks a lot brother, I was going for mediocre, so anything beyond that is a bonus.

I think the general set up works. I just need to mount the phone better (propped up with a roll of electrical tape for now).

It's so nice having this little Spark amp and being able to jam with stuff. Figured out that Gilmour solo mostly from memory so I could play along.

What a great toy!

·
Premium Member
17,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #352 ·
The guitar pictured above will be a hard tail with rear mounted controls. Pickups will be GoldenAge Humbucker in the bridge, Fender Texas Special in the middle and a Vineham Texas Red in the neck position. All three will be covered in chrome.

I'll use a five way switch with the bucker automatically split in position 2.

Master v, Master T, and for fun, I'm putting in a momentary kill switch in the third pot hole for some Buckethead effects.

·
Premium Member
17,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #358 ·
And by the way, the red (ish) "strat" pictured above sounds and plays brilliantly as I expected.

I love the Fishman Fluence rig and the neck, well I'm actually surprised at how much I love these necks once they're dialed in. They actually arrive a little rough, in need of dressing and of course with the paddle headstock which I then cut to my shape.
By the time I and Steve get done with them, they really play nicely.

The bridge is a vintage six point trem and works the way they always do when set up properly, but....

I think this guitar deserves something a little more refined, so I ordered a black Vega-Trem and I'll drop that in when it arrives.

341 - 360 of 394 Posts