The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

221 - 236 of 236 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,291 Posts
Just curious Mike, can Amanda do other paint schemes?
The Fool for instance?

·
Premium Member
17,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
Well, I've never seen her do that sort of thing, but she's sort of bursting with talent IMO. My son also paints.

I'll see what she says about the Fool.

I've always liked that one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just curious Mike, can Amanda do other paint schemes?
The Fool for instance?
View attachment 345614
I could absolutely do a color scheme that was similar, although I would shy away from trying to replicate another artist's work. I love the colors, and I can precisely put those colors in places enough that you will get the same feel of the guitar. But I would not want to specifically try and replicate the piece, if that makes sense.

I would definitely be intrigued to put my own spin on this piece though, it's lovely, and the colours are bold and right up my alley.

I will be starting on a few more bodies in the coming weeks, feel free to contact my Dad for any serious commission requests.

(I don't usually comment on this forum. I'm not a musician, and I do not speak very fluent guitar. But I have a great love and respect for the musical instrument that I grew up around.)

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
I could absolutely do a color scheme that was similar, although I would shy away from trying to replicate another artist's work. I love the colors, and I can precisely put those colors in places enough that you will get the same feel of the guitar. But I would not want to specifically try and replicate the piece, if that makes sense.

I would definitely be intrigued to put my own spin on this piece though, it's lovely, and the colours are bold and right up my alley.

I will be starting on a few more bodies in the coming weeks, feel free to contact my Dad for any serious commission requests.

(I don't usually comment on this forum. I'm not a musician, and I do not speak very fluent guitar. But I have a great love and respect for the musical instrument that I grew up around.)
That one looks amazing!!
Wow just wow!

Nathan

·
Premium Member
17,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
I'm not sure if I ever posted pictures of this one. It was a body sent to me by a client in Texas. I was told it was an Aerodyne Strat.

He finished it in nitro. It turned out very nice. I'm not really sure who he was, but he was happy with the art. Amanda did the front. The back was kept black.

·
Premium Member
17,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #232 (Edited)
This is one I'm working on.

It will have a traditional 6 point trem (likely a Gotoh) and all gold hardware. (edit: ordered a Fender bridge.

I have a cheap humbucker in it now, but I'll be looking for a nice covered humbucker (in gold) of course.

Wiring plan is 5 way switch, master V, Master T, mini toggle coil tap.

·
Premium Member
17,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #233 (Edited)
Wow, what a nice tight neck pocket on this one! I measured from the screw holes to the 21st fret and the dimensions are bang on according to the Fender drawing I have (186mm)

Most parts are now inbound. Just working on pickups and tuners.

·
Premium Member
17,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
Although this guitar does NOT feature a Floyd Rose, it was inspired by the sad passing of EVH. Nice that I was able to find a suitable pickup in this site!

221 - 236 of 236 Posts