The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

201 - 220 of 230 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #201 (Edited)
Looks really sharp. Except for the wiring.
Just looks a little sloppy to me. IMO
Spend a bit of time to twist them and lay them out nicely?
or colour out that bit of the PG.
I’m keeping my options open. The wires are neatly twisted where possible (coming from the pickups) but it’s a fairly busy wiring scheme at the pots so it’s really not possible to make a neat twist in that section.

I may black out the underside of the guard where the wires are showing, but maybe not. I don’t really mind the clockworks showing a bit.

TBD

FFCD8112-A3C7-4352-8304-ACA190884B30.jpeg

0EDEA7BE-07A3-419A-B386-DBFF5D866569.jpeg
4C57F104-11E9-4A0A-B791-4D2044D894A9.jpeg

·
Premium Member
17,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
Received two beautifully made Strat bodies from Mr. Nieman yesterday.

Very nicely made.

Both feature rear mounted controls and will have no pickguards.

One is routed for a Floyd Rose.

They arrived well packaged and delivered surprisingly quickly.

IMG_3214.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
I absolutely love her art.
Every time I think "That one is definitely my favorite" and then you show the next one....

Right now I can say that the res/orange strat is definitely my favorite.
....Until the next one lol

Nathan

·
Premium Member
17,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
This thread is 14 pages of awesome. I love your daughter's artwork.
Thank you very much.

I may be blinded by my love for her, but I’m a huge fan of her art.

Every one is unique. There are some almost random elements and some she carefully manipulates.

Put it this way. Given the same materials, chemicals and gear, I could NOT come up with the results she does. No way.

Thanks for appreciating it.

·
Premium Member
17,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
I absolutely love her art.
Every time I think "That one is definitely my favorite" and then you show the next one....

Right now I can say that the res/orange strat is definitely my favorite.
....Until the next one lol

Nathan
Thanks man, and thanks for the great bodies.

It’s the one I’m playing right now. The Babicz trem is awesome.

And I’m pretty surprised by the Fender Chrome Dome pickups. The bridge pup is a great aggressive sounding humbucker.

·
Premium Member
17,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
Hmmmm, my Missus was breaking down the box the latest two Strat bodies came in and found these.

Unexpected.

Greatly appreciated.

What a guy.

433F91CF-98CD-444E-8AD0-09CE4C0E65DA.jpeg

·
Premium Member
17,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
In an interesting development, the contractor I have recently had working in my home who also happens to be a guitar lover, took a clear interest in the guitars Amanda and I have created. Is "created" the right word? Certainly for Amanda's portion of the projects.

About a month ago he contacted me asking if I knew anyone who could rewire a Squier Strat he had been given.

I said sure, drop it by. I had to gut it and rewire the whole thing. A picture of the guts of that guitar when I received it could have easily become a GC meme. There was even some speaker wire Frankensteined into the mix. There's just no way it would have worked.

Anyway, no biggie. I rewired it and also replaced the strings and set the action and intonation which were equally .......not right.

For him it was like getting back a completely new guitar. He offered to pay of course, but I figured it was worth it as just an act of good will and declined.

So, while he was at my home (yes, both of us masked and standing well apart) he noticed some of the art guitars. He made an good offer and bought one of the Tele styles on the spot and took it home.

Fast forward to New Years Eve / New Years Day and he was at my home doing drywall work. He gave me a buddy price for sure and did an absolutely excellent job, strictly professional.

Comes time to pay up. I offered cash under the table. He countered with, how about $XXXX and that Strat (the one featured at the start of this thread)?

Done and done.

·
Premium Member
10,573 Posts
Barter system still alive and well.
That's how I acquired this guitar.

Reactions: Milkman

·
Premium Member
17,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
Just got feedback from my buddy. He's very much smitten by the guitar.

I think it may be his first encounter with EMGs and that neck is a real beauty. It's a nitro finished flamed maple C and is very chunky.

·
Premium Member
17,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
DIBS! I'm serious. Lemme think over the p'up combination and switching. This body has my name on it.

Are you sure? That's a FR, H-S-S with rear mounted controls.

Amanda will be flattered, but I wouldn't normally think of you as a Floyd man.

I have a couple of other bodies on the go that are for normal Strat (6 point) trems.

We can talk.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Are you sure? That's a FR, H-S-S with rear mounted controls.

Amanda will be flattered, but I wouldn't normally think of you as a Floyd man.

I have a couple of other bodies on the go that are for normal Strat (6 point) trems.

We can talk.
Yes, I'm serious. My Country Gent is as close to a full-floater as I've ever owned. A proper, (and real), Floyd Rose should be on my wall. For me, HSS would likely involve a P-Rail for the bridge, and possibly a stacked bucker at the neck, I haven't thought too much about the middle. I can be talked into a full active setup too. The rear mount controls are a huge bonus! More finish, less pickguard!

The finish is what got me. I also have an empty hook on the wall. I have to fill it, this is non- optional.

I also have time. My next gig isn't booked until never again.

We'll talk soon.

·
Premium Member
17,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
Yes, I'm serious. My Country Gent is as close to a full-floater as I've ever owned. A proper, (and real), Floyd Rose should be on my wall. For me, HSS would likely involve a P-Rail for the bridge, and possibly a stacked bucker at the neck, I haven't thought too much about the middle. I can be talked into a full active setup too. The rear mount controls are a huge bonus! More finish, less pickguard!

The finish is what got me. I also have an empty hook on the wall. I have to fill it, this is non- optional.

I also have time. My next gig isn't booked until never again.

We'll talk soon.

Excellent (yes please do picture Mr. Burns).

I honestly did not post the pics to sell stuff (not that there's anything wrong with that).

I'm just proud of my daughter.

Thanks very much though.

·
Premium Member
17,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
These are going to be nice guitars. I've been sort of dormant with this stuff and Amanda has been super busy with her art in its various forms.

Seeing these two is getting my guitar thing going.

I received the bodies in around early 2019 but with all the crazy shit going on I just sort of lost the drive to build them up.

Now I can envision nice Warmoth necks and good quality pickups and hardware.....

·
Premium Member
17,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
They dried nicely. The surface smoothness with these new ones is significantly better than her previous efforts. She changed some of the chemistry and modified her process a bit and the results are very positive so far.

That will result in a better surface (poly) smoothness in the finished product.

201 - 220 of 230 Posts