The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Without thinking through the logistics the first things that come to mind for me would be to solicit donations of guitars or guitar related paraphernalia.
Also, we could set up a "go fund me" campaign to buy guitars/gear for this cause. I remember meeting a vet who'd lost his arm in service and was talking about taking up slide guitar. That got me thinking we could buy a few of those for guys in that situation. I know Rondo music sells lap steels for a relatively low price (exchange and shipping notwithstanding).
That's off the top of my head. How we'd organize such an endeavor I'm not sure.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
I am always checking Kijiji and see great acoustics for decent prices. I would also be willing to help out with this cause. If that is collecting money and picking up Kijiji guitars to donate or whatever.

Great idea, thanks for starting this. I hope we can help a few vets.

Josh.

·
Premium Member
4,499 Posts
I have an acoustic that i could donate for sure. Gonna c=heck the site and see how to proceed. Looks like you can drop of at Long MacQuade stores and they forward them. Just called our store in Kanata to confirm. Something else i would like to add to this. About 3 years ago, i was asked to join a fundraiser for homeless vets here in Ottawa at the Legion.

Went on stage with Doug and Pam Champagne who organized it and after the first two songs, i was asked to be their lead guitarist. How cool is that !!! They raised well over 1,000.00 dollars that Sunday. Great way to raise funds, have great time and meet some terrific people. Have a look in your community and call the Legion for more info. I am sure they would love to participate. Homeless vets are two words that should not exist in our vocabulary.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts