The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just routing through my "sold" folder looking for a particular fender strat pic and the seller's remorse started to set in. Here are a couple of things I miss. Post yours.

These two were fantastic together:
ministack larivee.jpg

Even though I'm not into PRS guitars, this one was perfect for expressing myself. No guitar I've had plays like it.

prs sc245 face.JPG

My Friedman Marshall. The amp that turned everything around for me.

marshall frienman.jpg

And then there was my first guitar:

Iby front.jpg

·
Registered
275 Posts
I don't have any pics but early on I had an early 70's Ampeg V2 that I ran through an old 4x12 of unknown pedigree and spent a lot of hours standing in front of it jamming to George Thorogood tunes. The feel of the 4x12 vibrating in my chest was incredible. I miss those daysHNG^%$

Reactions: Adcandour

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
I'll play. I've only every sold one rig, but I miss them both very much. At least I still get to see the Tele whenever I want, as it went to a close friend.

Tele: Baja body, CVC neck, custom wound stack in the bridge, fender noiseless in the neck.

Amp: 2000 Crate Vintage Club VC5212. 50 killer watts of vintage rock tones, and terrible reliability!

http://instagr.am/p/BEdw7ppibAL/

·
Premium Member
4,431 Posts
I guess the ones i miss the most and should have kept are a red 66' ES-325 and a 64' Tele, a 60's (cant remember exactly) LP Custom Special, black, that i had bought used in 1978 for 500.00!!!! An Ibanez 1980 George Benson was probably the prettiest guitar i ever owned. C,est la vie.

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
I have had a ton of strats over the years. Always end up selling them. But I have always tried to have at least one in the arsenal for that special need. Currently have a '96 American Standard in the closet. But of all of them I have owned the one that I should have kept and miss is the Jeff Beck Strat. Awesome guitar

Picture 003 (2014_08_26 12_34_35 UTC).JPG

The other one I should never have gotten rid of was the Hamer Newport NEW. Just a fabulous guitar with awesome workmanship and a pleasure to play.

Picture 039 (2014_08_26 12_34_35 UTC).JPG

Lastly, in terms of guitars it would be the LP VOS R0 that I got on a trade. Would never had paid the cash to buy one and will never do so in the future. Should have kept it.

_ALR52671_zpsbc6e16f3 (2014_08_26 12_34_35 UTC).jpg

Amp wise I am pretty happy with the Marshall Jubilee but there have been some nice amps in the collection over the years.

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
I have had a ton of strats over the years. Always end up selling them. But I have always tried to have at least one in the arsenal for that special need. Currently have a '96 American Standard in the closet. But of all of them I have owned the one that I should have kept and miss is the Jeff Beck Strat. Awesome guitar

View attachment 96785

The other one I should never have gotten rid of was the Hamer Newport NEW. Just a fabulous guitar with awesome workmanship and a pleasure to play.

View attachment 96793

Lastly, in terms of guitars it would be the LP VOS R0 that I got on a trade. Would never had paid the cash to buy one and will never do so in the future. Should have kept it.

View attachment 96801

Amp wise I am pretty happy with the Marshall Jubilee but there have been some nice amps in the collection over the years.
What could you have traded to get that?

·
Premium Member
3,286 Posts

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
So far I keep going up the ladder in new acquisitions so I have no regrets yet. I do wish I still had the little plastic Sears guitar my Dad bought me when I was 2-3 years old, just for a keepsake.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Ahhh to be young and foolish again...
Yes it was original although I did buy it used.
Sorry for the bad pic but its the only one that lasted the test of time.
G.

View attachment 96905
Thats a great pic and bass! Love the bottle display on the wall behind you!

·
Registered
11,760 Posts
My Snoopy "derr-derr", I called it. My very first guitar. :)

snoopy daerdaer.jpg

I had a CE24 that I bought new in '93 and thought that I'd always keep that one.
I did end up selling it a few years ago and realized that anything can go.

IMG_0462.JPG

I did gravitate to fatter necks and that was a wide/thin, I was blissfully unaware for years with that guitar.

Over the past couple of years, I've aquired some true "keepers", making others that were here redundant.
Now, I hate moving a guitar with a neck that I like, as in the PRS SC I just moved.
It's gone to a good home. :)

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
This Bacchus Classic Special...fantastic guitar! I can't imagine finding a better one.

And this MIJ Fender DiMarzio Collection ST54-110. A brilliant strat for sure!

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
I haven't been at it that long with electrics, but there is one rig that I miss sometimes. An SG 61 Reissue into a YBA1-Mod1. I sold both to eventually get to my current setup (Amplifire 3 and a XiTone cab plus my LP Trad, which I love), so they ended up going to a good cause. The Traynor was awesome, but way too loud for my use.

Anyway, here's the pairing. It rocked.

IMG_6488.JPG

IMG_6450.JPG

·
Premium Member
3,069 Posts
Only thing I miss is my BJFE honeybee and I'm not even certain I miss that anymore. Recently RE-acquired some long lost gear and the memories were overrated apparently. :)

·
Premium Member
16,663 Posts
My hamer usa. My artist V a little bit. My memory lane jr was fun. About it.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Thanks Sulphur. It's a mahogany body on that Special. If you ever have a chance to get your hands on a Classic Series Bacchus, I suggest you go for it. I've had a lot of MIJ guitars over the past 10 years and they are by far the best buy for your buck.

·
Premium Member
13,012 Posts
My Gibson GA-5 RI amp. My that was a nice little dirt machine. A bit of a one trick pony, but nice. I replaced the preamp tube with a 5751 which has about 70% of the gain of 12AX7. Worked perfectly. Traded it off years ago, but still think of it on the rare occasion. Stock photo.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts