The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best mobile/handheld tuner out there. I have a Korg Tone Works DTR-2 in the rack but am looking for a handheld unit. I see tons of them in the stores but have not really tried any of them. Prices are also all over the place. I don't want to spend a ton if I don't have to but on the other hand don't want a really cheap one. Acoustic/Electric would be the best.

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jeff Flowerday said:
$300+

If you are looking for a handheld it's definately not the way to go. It doesn't have a mic so tuning your acoustic without a pickup just isn't possible.
Yes, I am looking for something a lot cheaper than that. I have the Korg Rack unit. Just looking for a hand held with the mic.

·
Registered
788 Posts
imbackagain2 said:
the one i mentioned has a mic or input jack 20$ at long and mcquade in burlington brand new

I have this 1 too (korg GA-30) great tuner for the price and it does a decent job on the intonation as well.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Korg Tm-40

I just picked up a Korg TM-40 that seems to have a decent tuner and also a built in metronome. I went a few years without a tuner, simply tuning to any particular CD I might be playing along to.

I finally broke down and bought this unit, and I am getting a lot of use out of the metronome while trying to learn how to flatpick. I used to play saxaphone with a metronome all the time, which I attribute to having a developed a fairly decent sense of time.

I strum to the metronome occasionally as a reality check...I found there are a number of songs where I move time around a bit, so this has definitely helped me to stay on track a little better.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I have this one

the Seiko ST757. It seems to work well for me.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I use an Ibanez tuner. Payed 20$ for it in a shop, it does the job. I only need it to tune my low E string anyways, the rest I do by ear.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i used a $30 red fender hand held tuner for 5 years , did the job many gigs.
i wouldnt put it in line for obvious reasons and just tuned inbetween sets . was a bit of a pain. i finally got a pedal tuner that i can put in line and feel ok with it. got a new korg dt-10 for $100 cdn on ebay. i wanted a strobostomp but i have a hard time getting that kind of money together.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I have the DT-10, and it's an awesome tuner too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a Yamaha YT-150 does bass and guitar, You can chance the pitch; The note (1 or 2 ect octive higher or lower), Icant remember the price but it wasent verry expensive.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
another vote for Seiko. The cents function is GREAT for intonation. My only complaint is it's a bit hard to read the display on stage (the red-green lights are fine for that though).
I gave my Korg tuner to my singer after I tried the Seiko.
Best buy for the buck IMO.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts