The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...does anyone know of a decent (acoustic) guitar tech on the west island of montreal.

i would like to send some business his/her way.

-dh

·
Registered
64 Posts
DH,

How involved is the work that needs to be done?

Scott

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm probably a bad person to give advice on this as I have been doing my own adjustments for years so I have no personal experience to back this up but... if I were to bring my gear to any of the local shops, it would be Musi-tec on Cardinal in Dorval (between Sources and the airport). Stan has been great to deal with for sales, rentals or advise. And NO, there has been and will not be any compensation given for this testimonial!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm probably a bad person to give advice on this as I have been doing my own adjustments for years so I have no personal experience to back this up but... if I were to bring my gear to any of the local shops, it would be Musi-tec on Cardinal in Dorval (between Sources and the airport). Stan has been great to deal with for sales, rentals or advise. And NO, there has been and will not be any compensation given for this testimonial!
I had a rather different experience with Stan. Last December my son bought a Fender RI 62 from Archambault downtown. I had heard that Stan was good all round tech locally and with the parking headaches etc. at Archambault I decided do take the Fender to Stan - how complicated can it be to do a basic setup? Two days later I got a call from Stan - he mentioned that where was something seriously wrong with the guitar and he tried to adjust the neck the best he could but this was definitely a warranty issue. When we picked up the guitar he had chipped the paint on the body of the guitar in three places and incorrectly re-bolted the neck on to the guitar. He had the nerve to charge me his full setup price!! I brought the guitar Back to Archambault they said was incorrectly setup and they were sure that either my son or myself had done the work - it was "Stan-the-man". It was my fault for not allowing the original seller to set up the guitar but I thought a basic set up was hard to screw up. Musi - tec doesn't get my vote.

Bogoboy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts