The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of modding my Tele to put a humbucker in the bridge and new wiring harness etc. Probably going to be a fair amount modification for that.

Anyone have someone they recommend in the city of Calgary?

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
I've had some hit and miss experiences here, so I can't recommend anyone with confidence. "Guitar OR" has been recommended but I've never tried him/them. If you need to do routing for the pickup, etc that will likely cost a few bucks. Maybe you should try a SD little '59 or something that will fit without mods.

·
Premium Member
3,406 Posts
Jarin from Guitar OR.
Good people.

·
Registered
11,675 Posts

Looking to get the abv installed

I thought about doing that. I kind of really want to do the Tele plus conversion.

I was thinking either OR or Farrelly?

Or do it myself.
One. Cool project, looking forward to the results.
Two. Do it yourself, I’ve done it and wasn’t even sober enough to drive myself to the emergency room after the spinny machine thing slipped. Seriously though, I think with some prep on your end it should go ok.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thinking of modding my Tele to put a humbucker in the bridge and new wiring harness etc. Probably going to be a fair amount modification for that.

Anyone have someone they recommend in the city of Calgary?
Maybe Try Burlesk Guitars, I have had really good luck with him.

·
Registered
14,904 Posts
I haven't tried any of the above--but have spoken with a couple of them at guitar shows.

Last time I had someone work on a guitar I took it to Darrell Britton-who I hear once upon a time worked out of L&M.
But I had him do some work later than that on a recommendation of a friend.
What I like is that he really does listen to what you want & how you play.
So when he does the work & gives it a set up, it is set up how you like it, not who he does.

I'm sure there are others that do that.
I also don't know if he's still around, but if he is--check him out as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts