The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone direct me to where I could find plans to build a guitar storage rack (preferably for free) I tried searching the forum but couldn't find any past threads.

I'm looking for one that will hold cases similar to this.

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
have you tried googling guitar rack templates?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I mostly get Pinterest pics of racks people have built/bought or plans that you have to register to some site before they'll even show what it looks like.

I did come across some that are just a big box that will take up way too much space or don't give me measurements.

·
Registered
15,914 Posts
Mine are actually upright on top of an old dresser, and blocked on both ends so they don't fall off...

but these are cool too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
any spare lumber behind your garage?
I have all kinds laying around.
I've started designing my own but I'm just not sure of some of the measurements.
I want it to be able to hold not only hard cases but gig bags as well.

I came across a few designs with movable pegs to adjust to the widths that you need. Basically similar to the one I linked to above, by moving the pegs it will hold both hard and soft cases as well as guitars without a case at all.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is the one I've based my design on, it's meant for guitars without cases but by removing pegs will hold any size case as well.

By taking measurements from my bass' hard case and from my son's low end Les Paul I think I'm pretty close to working for future needs but it would be nice to get measurements from a professionally built one or at least from one built to fit pretty much any guitar (with or without a case).

Now my son needs an acoustic for school next September (not to mention if he continues playing he's going to want something better than a cheap Epiphone) and I'd hate to build it just to find it doesn't work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts