The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at Costco today and they have a work stool like this one less the wheels and a little higher foot rest for $49.95. It was perfect for a guitar stool. Just thought I would post this in case anyone is looking for something like this.

·
Premium Member
5,311 Posts
the Costco I was in Friday had a similar stool but with a short backrest and a foot bar all the way around. Also perfect for guitar players.

I'm still wondering why I didn't buy one. *#*(

·
Premium Member
4,545 Posts
I use an antique piano stool

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
I have a folding stool. $15.95 Canadian Tire.

What I love about it is it's very portable.

My other stool got stolen.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Mine is a gift from my wife.
She found it after she saw me look up some stools here and there,
discussing about the caracteristics (mainly height) I was looking for.
So I received an artisan made wooden four footed little stool covered with cow skin & fur.
I had been looking for a three footed folding stool with leather seat that was unfortunately too low,
but the one I have is great and does just fine !

·
Premium Member
11,077 Posts
Drum throne for gigs (and sometimes home), office chair (right arm removed) for home, sometimes the piano bench.

My drum throne doesn't have a back, and I wish it did so I need to rectify that. I like it for gigs because it packs small and easily, adjusts, and is significantly better than some stacking chair or rickety bar stool that a venue might provide. It's also small enough to move out of the way if I choose to stand.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
So I went to Costco with that pic, and said "I want a stool exactly not like this" and they just looked at me funny.

(but seriously, could you post a link or at least something that actually has a foot rest?)

·
Registered
493 Posts
and six million sugar cubes
I bet you still didn't get of there for under $300! That's what my wife calls Costco, "the three-hundred dollar store", cause it always seems to ring up to that!

My acoustic partner always used a tall stool for gigs, (imagine the one any of your shop teachers had up front of the classroom. Grey painted circular tube metal construction, foot rest all the way around, and the thin cork seat). I always stood for gigs. Felt I sang better standing than sitting.... I sit now though. What a quest I had trying to find a stool the same height as his! Would have looked real dumb with him up there, me down on a little stool. Not sure where he finally dug one up for me. It's wood so it's pretty heavy, but I like the footstool all around thing.

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
When I was at Costco I picked up paper towel and laundry detergent.
Do you like Costco? The prices are great but the atmosphere sucks. I have been twice in 4 years.

People lined up for the freebies like it's feeding day at the farm. Too crowded, depending when you go. The lighting in the store makes for a nasty instant migraine. I hate the whole experience.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Do you like Costco? The prices are great but the atmosphere sucks. I have been twice in 4 years.

People lined up for the freebies like it's feeding day at the farm. Too crowded, depending when you go. The lighting in the store makes for a nasty instant migraine. I hate the whole experience.
I was poking a bit of fun at this thread as it shouldn't be in the music section imo.

But - I wouldn't say I like Costco though I do find their cashier tills super efficient and easily a model for the retail industry.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So I went to Costco with that pic, and said "I want a stool exactly not like this" and they just looked at me funny.

(but seriously, could you post a link or at least something that actually has a foot rest?)
I can't find it online but it was like this one but with a black padded seat and black legs.. ($49.00)

Reactions: jb welder and Lola

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

If you saw the prices for groceries in our little store here in town, you would see why we shop at Costco. I'm in and out quickly as I know where everything is and I take a list. I like how quickly they check you out. They are 10X faster than any grocery store checkout. My wife doesn't like going in because of the odors which bother her so I go in.

I too hate the little booths with the free goodies. People block the lanes and I often have to ask people to move so I can get through.

Reactions: Lola
1 - 20 of 31 Posts