The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Wow, that man can play! I have heard that the G&L guitars compare very well against Strats. Anyone have any thought's on their guitars?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
The G&L's I've played have been better than any of the Fender line. The fit finish, sound and general craftsmanship are higher, or at least they seem to be (we've got a dealer here, so I've seen quite a few). Even the asian made ones are better than the fender equivalents.

·
Premium Member
13,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The luxury of working in Toronto, is that there are so many places you can try out guitars. I've try dozens of strats and three G&Ls. The Legacy had the perfect neck and a wonderful acoustic resonance - never really notice any sc hum either. I tried it several times, but never had the cash. It finally disappeared :mad: I tried a couple of Tributes (Korea). An S500 and a Legacy. Both felt better and sounded nicer than most all MIM strats (there were a couple MIM strats that were close). I'm just waiting to clear up a money thing and then I'll pick up a Legacy (Tribute). Runs about $30 more than the similar MIM Strat.

There are a couple of forumites here that use G&L. David Henman (former April Wine) is one of them. He has made several positive comments about his.

I saw another Guitar Shorty video. It's a Legacy Special. It's the dual blade humcking pups that give power to his sound.

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
I was lucky enough to pickup a slightly used G&L Legacy with a switchable humbucker in the bridge for under $500.00. Fit and finish just blows my Strats away. And I actually sold all of them. It's the best hand made guitar you're going to find on the street except for Custom Shop models and you know what they cost!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
A friend of mine plays one, it is like a thinline tele, birds eye maple neck and fretboard. I believe it has Hb in it that can be split etc. Beautiful guitar and really nice tone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts