The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
15,977 Posts
Pretty slim pickings but

John Bellones on York Street close to downtown
The Guitar Shop on Richmond - downtown
Matts Music - on Wellington also close to downtown.
There's also a Walters Music in Masonville Mall but their primary focus is pianos. They do carry low to mid range guitars and peavey amps.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I was in London last week on vacation and dropped into Matt's; they had a good selection of guitars and seemed to be well priced, but no "main stream" brands, just Parker and PRS and Washburn and Hagstrom and a couple of others. I had a great visit and played my first, second and third Parker Drool and a new Hagstrom swede:smile: I really enjoyed it.

·
Premium Member
13,024 Posts
I seem to remember a thread on this last year. One fellow who lived in London said he had to go to Kitchener to find a decent store.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Trust me...nothing worth going out of your way for. But every now and then Rockhouse Music has some neat stuff but it is hit and miss. Lou the owner is a great guy though! But do yourself a favour and pass on The London Guitar Shoppe unless you like crappy service and rude salespeople.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks all, for the replies,...I'll be staying on Waterloo street, close to Richmond and York, so I'll check some of these out. :smile:

·
Premium Member
16,815 Posts
im moving to london next week for school, i plan to hit up bellone's music to check out some guitars and amps :)

·
Administrator
15,977 Posts
Trust me...nothing worth going out of your way for. But every now and then Rockhouse Music has some neat stuff but it is hit and miss. Lou the owner is a great guy though! But do yourself a favour and pass on The London Guitar Shoppe unless you like crappy service and rude salespeople.
:D:D:D Absolutely

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You were right about London Guitar Shoppe,...I was there for about 25 minutes, and nobody even acknowledged that I was there...........:eek:

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
You were right about London Guitar Shoppe,...I was there for about 25 minutes, and nobody even acknowledged that I was there...........:eek:
LOL, I told you so! The sad thing is, a few years back before those jerks worked there...it was actually a great store. I don't know how they survive from being fired considering all the potential sales they have lost.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah, I can't figure out how London Guitar Shoppe keeps its doors open. Ultimate classic example of all the wrong things to do in a retail environment. Both those cheeseheads need turpentine enemas.-Eric

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Yeah, I can't figure out how London Guitar Shoppe keeps its doors open. Ultimate classic example of all the wrong things to do in a retail environment. Both those cheeseheads need turpentine enemas.-Eric
Hey Eric, LOL...if you need a hand let me know!

·
Registered
30 Posts
yep

I went to a guitar shop in london ontario once, i think it was the smaller one,
there wasn't much their just alot of line6 stuff like the spider valve 40 & 100watt amps

1 - 14 of 14 Posts