The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd appreciate recommendations for repairs to acoustic guitars in Toronto. I'd rather not got to 12th Fret or Ring, because of cost and wait time. Who else can do a decent job fixing a lifting bridge and replacing the saddle from an adjustable bridge (for a Gibson J50) to a fixed one with a bone saddle? Anyone had experience at Capsule with acoustics? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
There is a guy at Encore Music who is supposed to be quite good. Haven't heard anything good or bad about the Capsule repair dept.

·
Premium Member
13,020 Posts
Same thread on TGP, eh. I already posted there.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
my friend dropped his upright bass, put a hole in it, and it cost $700 to fix it.

·
Premium Member
2,016 Posts
The only store in Toronto that I have acoustic repair experience with is the 12th Fret. Yes it may have taken a few weeks, but I don't want someone rushing through a repair or setup. They bend over backwards to make things right there.

pete

·
Registered
55 Posts
Guitar repairs in Toronto?

I have only two words for you my friends.....

BRIAN MASCARIN

416 787 1531

'nuff said....end of discussion...next....

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
...if you're in or near newmarket, talk to eric and darrell at the arts music store. extremely knowledgeable, and they really look after you.

-dh

·
Registered
25 Posts
tundramusic.com they deal in and repair guitars over 100,000 or more and have fast turn around depending on the repair... 587 jones ave in toronto

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Talk about resurrecting a dead Thread.
necrobumping a 7 year old thread in order for personal advertising
+
joining the community only to advertise for themselves (all 11 posts by Joesmith2510 are advertising for Tundra)
=
Uncool feelings of being used. That's what I now associate with Tundra. Good work there. This is a great lesson in how not to use community forums for self promotion.

Back to the topic - for repairs, no one tops Zak Hanna at Superfuzz Audio—Pro Guitar & Amp Repair in the heart of Toronto for me. Brad at capsule music also does excellent work.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
necrobumping a 7 year old thread in order for personal advertising
+
joining the community only to advertise for themselves (all 11 posts by Joesmith2510 are advertising for Tundra)
=
Uncool feelings of being used. That's what I now associate with Tundra. Good work there. This is a great lesson in how not to use community forums for self promotion.
Thanks for pointing that out. Pretty scuzzy reason for joesmith joining GC.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts