The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,363 Posts
i only see a single post - this one. did you join to spam your lessons or to be a part of the community?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Why all the hostility? A new member is sharing some tips with us?

I could see an issue if it was a ploy to just shamelessly plug his material; but we can’t make assumptions like that.

Forum etiquette works both ways. We shouldn’t jump down people’s throats when we don’t know their intent.

I think some members here need a refresher in their manners, as made evident by a lot of posts here in the last few weeks.

Anyway, welcome to the forum, Metalhead. I’ll have to review your lesson later and I hope you continue to contribute to our forum. We’ve got a great little community here.

P

·
0 Posts
I just want some weed. I figure the new member are easy marks for weed. Sorry. Weed.

·
Registered
12,363 Posts
Why all the hostility? A new member is sharing some tips with us?

I could see an issue if it was a ploy to just shamelessly plug his material; but we can’t make assumptions like that.

Forum etiquette works both ways. We shouldn’t jump down people’s throats when we don’t know their intent.

I think some members here need a refresher in their manners, as made evident by a lot of posts here in the last few weeks.

Anyway, welcome to the forum, Metalhead. I’ll have to review your lesson later and I hope you continue to contribute to our forum. We’ve got a great little community here.

when i see someone come in and make a single post, showcasing their youtube channel, i get suspicious. it happens every few months, and you never hear from them ever again. they don't come here to be a part of the community, they come here to get youtube views. if metalhead is gonna hang around, that's awesome. especially with the name metalhead, cause you can never have too many of those, imo :D we always need more metal! i would really like to see a thresh hold of a dozen posts before people can post urls and media. it would totally eliminate the scenario i described above.

I come here to learn! But when I do a lesson, I like to share it ! =D

hey metalhead, glad you are here! what kinda metal are you into? old school stuff like 80's? new stuff? a bit of this and that? if you're going to hang out with us, i look forward to more lesson videos, cause i like to learn too. there is alot of knowledge here, on various aspects of guitar. none of it comes from me though, i'm just comic relief

·
Premium Member
8,555 Posts
What? The guy is definitely spam. What's wrong with you guys?

When the first thing you say in a video is "subscribe"....

·
Registered
662 Posts
@cheezyridr I wasn’t singling you out or anything, my post was meant in general, sorry if it came off that way.

All I’m saying is we should give the guy a chance to defend himself before we get our torches and pitchforks ready. I would love to see more lessons posted on this forum; especially heavier playing styles, since that plays more into my wheel house.

For all I know, he is just spamming for views, but everyone deserves a fair chance to explain themselves.

P

·
0 Posts
There is nothing wrong with pitchforks and torches and burning a new member alive. It keeps the old members from burning each other alive.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
when i see someone come in and make a single post, showcasing their youtube channel, i get suspicious. it happens every few months, and you never hear from them ever again. they don't come here to be a part of the community, they come here to get youtube views. if metalhead is gonna hang around, that's awesome. especially with the name metalhead, cause you can never have too many of those, imo :D we always need more metal! i would really like to see a thresh hold of a dozen posts before people can post urls and media. it would totally eliminate the scenario i described above.
As Devin says: "Metal for breakfast, lunch and dinner." Wiser words were never spoke.

As for spammers, I too find it annoying. Guys like that R/T just come here to promote their business and have no interest in actually participating. We should give people a chance, but I also think it MH is interested in this place, he would have spent a bit of time learning that this isn't the correct subforum for his first post promoting a lesson and his channel?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts