The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the builder:

I'd like to share something I've been working on: guitardashboard.com. It's something I've built initially to aid my own study of diatonic modes and chords on the guitar, but I'm also hoping that others might find it useful. Some features:

• A chromatic circle and a circle of fifths for visualising scales and modes. Select the tonic and mode using the buttons in the centre.
  • A guitar fretboard that displays scales and modes. You can opt to display note names or scale intervals, just select the 'settings' menu.
  • Alternative tunings and instruments. Any stringed instrument with any tuning is potentially supported. Just select the 'tunings' menu.
  • Left handed players are welcome. Also in the 'settings' menu.
I'm self taught when it comes to music theory, so I'd really like to hear any comments, bugs, suggestions. It's open source on GitHub with an MIT licence, so feel free to take the code and use it for your own purposes. Send me a pull-request if you're of the programmerish persuasion. Links under the 'info' menu.

Enjoy! Mike
Guitar Dashboard

·
Premium Member
4,266 Posts
This looks pretty interesting. I'm going to have to spend some time figuring out how to use it as I'm kinda new to scales and modes. It looks really well done though. Congrats and putting this together.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Pretty cool little site man. The only thing I would change would be adding the fret numbers to the guitar neck. I can tell that the far left side is the low end of the neck and the frets are ascending as you go right because you put the names of the notes on the frets. A beginner might not catch this though so putting simple numbers below the frets I think would be quite beneficial.

Cheers, brother

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
This is awesome and I could definitely use this to a great advantage!

Although some days I don't think that I need much theory to get by with playing. I guess those are my lazy days! Lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts