The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seems that this person had a break-in at their home, and a sizeable collection of guitars stolen.

Stolen from my home | Guitars | Chatham-Kent | Kijiji

"Stolen from my home:

Black Gibson SST, Blonde Gibson SST, Gibson J 200, Gibson J45, 1960s Gibson sunburst arch top, 2007 Gibson Robot with case, 1952 Fender Telecaster Re-Issue with case, Fender Telecaster Road Worn heavily modified finish , Lake Placid Blue Fender Telecaster, Fender Telecaster Thinline, Tobacco Sunburst Tele with an ivory pickguard, 5120 Gretsch, and Kenny Chesney Takamine, 1800s Banjo Uke, a 1930s Banjo Uke with case. Most guitars listed will not have cases."

I figured that I'd share it here...

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Spoke with owner who believes it was a Kijiji visitation that pre-empted this B&E.
Many guitars with no case.
A crushing experience for any gearhead.
Suggested owner join forum and get pictures and further info out in the gear community!
Eyes wide open.......

·
Premium Member
5,160 Posts
When I buy/sell I always meet in a parking lot someplace.
I spent most of last weekend upgrading all the locks in my house, garage and sheds. We had a break-in at one of our sheds. The only thing missing was the only thing of any value small enough to carry away. A set of wood lathe turning tools (gouges). We have cameras on the property, and sure enough at 5:30 am on friday the 13th a guy came onto the property, lock checked all the vehicles and then broke into the shed. Video shows him leave with an arm full and then as a bonus, the yard light of a house across the alley comes on 30 seconds after he leaves our place. Cops came and took a copy of the video, they were very interested. Guy's a tweeker that lives in basement suite across the alley and a couple houses down. Wake up call for us, we'd routinely leave the house unlocked when we go out for groceries and stuff. No more of that.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Yup no one comes to the house. If I ever get B&E’d I have a few cheap Korean guitars in plain view. Good stuff is hidden away.

·
Premium Member
4,243 Posts
Yup no one comes to the house. If I ever get B&E’d I have a few cheap Korean guitars in plain view. Good stuff is hidden away.
Smart.

Dad used to say always have $50 cash right at the top of your pocket. That way when someone holds you up you can grab it right away and hand it over.

A wolf can’t bit with its mouth full.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts