The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First up for sale is a handmade Strat. It was sold to me years ago as a guitar made by the now closed Guitar Clinic in Hamilton, and I have no reason to doubt that it isn't one of their custom guitars. This one is quite unique. It has a solid ash body, 3 tone burst with a maple neck/curly maple fretboard. Kind of unusual in that the fret board is curly and the back has only a little figure in the maple. I would describe it as a fuller C neck profile. It has a smaller neck plate than normal. The pickups are beautiful sounding Alnico 2's made by Jon Moore (Tone for Days). These pickups are original to the guitar but were not installed when I acquired it. It had Fender American standards in it and I switched them back into it. The pickguard is a Fender Robert Cray, obviously not original to the guitar and there is a 2nd set of pickguard screw holes under the guard as well. It has a aftermarket Fender logo that has not been lacquered over. Body has lots of bumps on it, so if you are looking for a collectors piece, this isn't it !!! I have tried to catch the worst of it in the pictures. The tuners have also been changed, I don't know what the originals were but they left lacquer impressions and there is some damage to the tuner post holes. I have also tried to catch this in the photo's. There is also some routing in the body cavity. The switch route has been deepened, and there is additional routing at the bridge pickup. It's not big enough for a bucker, so i'm not sure what that is all about. It's nice and neat and clean though. The bridge has been changed to a Wilkinson, for a wider string spacing as well. The guitar weighs between 8.5 & 9 pounds on my bathroom scale, not lightweight for a Strat !!
The nut width is 1 11/16".
I know it sounds like a lots has been messed with on the guitar, but I do believe in full disclosure. It is a great playing and sounding Strat.
Now $1100 plus shipping. No case but will be shipped with the neck removed and packed very securely.

·
Premium Member
2,380 Posts
Sounds nice but am not able to view your pics.

·
Premium Member
2,380 Posts
Try again, I just edited the post. They all double posted at first for some reason.
Working now. Wow, what a beauty! I know it's cliche' but, in all honesty, if I hadn't just gotten a Strat that I love then I'd be hounding you about this one. GLWS.

Reactions: hagfan
1 - 8 of 8 Posts