The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Guitar Center Thief Beatdown

3K views 66 replies 29 participants last post by  player99 
#1 ·
#57 ·
I've lived in dangerous areas of Los Angeles, Fresno and The Dallas / Fort Worth area.
Most times, guys carry guns because they can fight with their hands and can't give an ass kicking or take one .

But something messed up, is when Civilians have military grade death machines .
Civilians don't deserve to have Assault Weapons, they're only good for killing people .

#58 · (Edited)
There's a right wing narrative that defunding the police means getting rid of the police. This isn't true. What defunding is actually trying to accomplish is removing duties from the police that they have proven over and over again they are not competent to complete, and hiring people who can deal with these types of issues without someone dying. They want to stop paying the police to beat, maim and kill mentally handicapped people when they are having a bad day and the cops shows up and shoot them dead. Or family disputes and the cops shows up and shoot them dead. There are so many of these type of encounters that it's clear police are not capable of dealing with mental health calls and deaf people etc. They beat and murder them when they don't obey. So let the cops deal with criminals and let people trained to deal with mental health problems and family disputes and children etc. deal with them. Everything was under control until the thugs with the guns and badges showed up and escalated it into a murder.

#59 · (Edited)
And a right wing narrative that the same people just want criminals to go free. It's about reforming a broken system in general and understanding mental health issues. I'm not excusing far left views anymore than far right, both are why extremism sucks. But 'defunding the police' mainly seems to be a completely misunderstood terminology. Especially by people who have never had to deal with mental health issues and choose to ignore that the police aren't remotely qualified to deal with that. That's not a knock on all law enforcement, I am quite sure a lot of them would totally admit this is an issue.

Also, defunding also applies to that the police maybe don't need to have the equipment of a private military and be acting like a private military at times ( instead of protect and serve). Which is an escalating issue.

#65 ·
I honestly don't have any brilliant ideas on how to mitigate the undeniable epidemic of violence in the USA.

I can't judge things down there.

I have many American friends, acquaintances and business contacts whom I respect and admire (in some cases I could say Love).

One such person was present during one of the early school mass shootings in Tennessee. He watched while another student was shot in the throat and died shortly thereafter.

This friend of mine is an honorable and righteous person. I would trust him with my life.

He has a concealed carry permit and unless he's travelling on business, he's probably packing.

There was a time that would have kind of freaked me out, but frankly knowing that person is armed actually makes me feel safer. If we're eating in a restaurant together and somebody goes nuts and starts shooting, I'm glad he'll be shooting back.

Although we're very close neighbors, the differences in culture are profound and significant for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.